Moto G, one of the best middle-range Android smartphone is still holding a good position in the smartphone market. It comes with a 1.2 GHz processor and 1 GB RAM. Though Motorola has launched Android 5.0 update for Moto G, still many users didn’t get the OTA updates. If you are one of them, this post is going to help you to get Android 5.0 Lollipop experience on your phone. Android 5.0 Lollipop is the best version of Android with a new Material Design UI and a lot of new features.
Nexus Experience ROM, a custom ROM, which will give you Android 5.0 Lollipop experience on Moto G 2013. You’ll also get the Google Apps from Lollipop. This is a CyanogenMod 12 based ROM and works with both SIM’s on Moto G 2013. Here, I am providing you this guide to install this amazing Nexus Experience ROM on your Moto G. It will take 20 minutes to install and after that you’ll experience Android 5.0 on your device. Please read the whole guide before implementing any changes to your device.
Disclaimer: After installing a custom ROM, warranty of your device will be void. This ROM has been tested and works fine. If anything goes wrong in your case, neither I nor the developer will be responsible for any kind of damage to your phone. Also, use this guide for Moto G 2013 only and not for other devices.
- Your Moto G 2013 should be rooted and having a custom recovery like TWRP installed on it. If not, follow this guide to do so.
- You will have to wipe data from the device while installing this ROM. So, take a backup of all the necessary stuff.
- Ensure that your phone is charged sufficiently and will not power off during the installation process or else your device will get bricked.
- You must download Motorola USB drivers and install it in the computer so that you can connect Moto G smartphone with it. Also, ensure that you have enabled USB debugging mode.
Tutorial To Install Nexus Experience ROM On Moto G 2013:
Once you are done with the above prerequisites, follow this simple step by step guide to install Nexus Experience ROM on your Moto G 2013.
- First of all, download the Nexus Experience ROM Package for Moto G 2013 from here to the computer. Then, download Gapps from here to the computer as well.
- Next, connect your Moto G smartphone to the computer using the USB debugging mode and move both the downloaded zip files to the SD card of your phone without extracting.
- Now, switch off the phone and enter the Recovery Mode of your device. For this, press and hold Power + Volume Up + Volume Down buttons simultaneously until you boot into the recovery mode.
- After entering into Recovery Mode, wipe all the data.
- Then, select an option to install zip from SD card. Select the Nexus Experience ROM Package you’ve downloaded in step 1. This will install ROM on your device.
- Then, again select the same option to install zip from SD card in Recovery Mode and select Gapps file from sd card.
- Once the installation process is completed, reboot the device normally.
- That’s it! You’ve successfully installed Nexus Experience ROM on your Moto G. Now, enjoy the amazing Android Lollipop features on your Moto G.
The first reboot after flashing the ROM will take a longer time, approx 8-10 minutes. Keep patience. If you get stuck in boot-loops or get many force close error after start-up, then go to Recovery and wipe data. If the problem continues, try to reinstall the ROM. If you encounter any problems during installation, feel free to ask here in comments.