Are you using Motorola Moto E? Have you rooted the device? Have you installed any custom ROM’s in it? Are you not satisfied with the ROM features or are you stuck with a bricked Moto E device? Well, don’t worry. By following the tutorial given here, you will be able to install Stock ROM firmware on Moto E Android smartphone.
WARNING: The following procedure has worked for me and I was able to install stock ROM firmware on my device. But, I can’t guarantee the same to you. Also, if you device encounters any problems while following this tutorial don’t held me responsible. Proceed at your OWN will.
1) The following procedure is a data-loss process which means you will lose all the data in your device. So, unless your phone is bricked, take complete backup of personal data from your Moto E smartphone using appropriate apps.
2) The ROM installation process is time-consuming and if you don’t have enough battery, don’t carry out this procedure. Charge your device fully before getting started with this process.
3) Make sure that you have Motorola USB drivers installed in your computer, so that you can connect your smartphone with it.
Upon finishing these prerequisites, you can move on to tutorial given below.
Related Tutorial: How To Root Moto E Android Smartphone
Tutorial To Install Stock ROM Firmware On Moto E:
1) To get started, download the stock Firmware based on your device’s version from here to your computer. Once download, extract it into a folder. Now download mfastboot package and extract it contents to the same folder where the firmware files are extracted.
2) Now switch off your device and boot into bootloader by pressing the Volume Down and Power Button. Once done, connect your device to the computer using the Original USB data cable.
3) Next, go to the folder where both mfastboot and stock ROM firmware files are available and open Command prompt. (Press Shift and Right Click on an empty space in folder and select “Open a command window here“.)
4) Now enter the following commands step by step.
mfastboot.exe oem lock begin
mfastboot.exe flash partition gpt.bin
mfastboot.exe flash motoboot motoboot.img
mfastboot.exe flash logo logo.bin
mfastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
mfastboot.exe flash recovery recovery.img
mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
mfastboot.exe flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
mfastboot.exe erase modemst1
mfastboot.exe erase modemst2
mfastboot.exe flash fsg fsg.mbn
mfastboot.exe erase cache
mfastboot.exe erase userdata
mfastboot.exe oem lock
5) Now your device will normally boot into the Stock ROM Firmware.
That’s it. Now you have successfully installed Stock ROM firmware on Moto E Android device. If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, do let me know via comments.