Micromax Canvas XL2 A109 is the successor of Micromax XL A119 Android smartphone, and it is available for a decent price in the market. The device comes with a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor along with a 1GB RAM supporting 5.5-inch qHD IPS display. The camera is 5 mega pixel and the XL2 A109 runs on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat. If you are looking for a budget Android device, this will be an ideal choice.
If you have purchased this device and would like to upgrade its firmware to Android Lollipop or if you would like to uninstall the bloat wares which comes with this device, then you are in the right place. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to root Micromax Canvas XL2 A109 without PC or Laptop, which will let you do the above mentioned functions.
WARNING: Rooting your Micromax device will void it’s warranty. Also, sometimes your device might get bricked or get into trouble by following the procedure given below. So, proceed at your OWN wish.
1) Since we are going to root the Micromax device by installing a custom Android app, you will need to enable “Installation From Unknown Sources” in your device. You can do that by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Enable Unknown Sources.
2) Next, make sure that you don’t have any antivirus applications installed on your device as it will cause trouble while download and installing the rooting application.
Once you finish these steps, you can proceed to the next phase of the tutorial.
Tutorial To Root Micromax Canvas XL2 A109 Without PC/Laptop:
1) To get started, download Framaroot apk to your Micromax device. Once done, install it on your device. You will get a warning message while installing. Just ignore it and finish installing the app.
2) Once the app is installed, open the framaroot application and select the “Install SuperSU” option.
3) Now select “Boromir” option as shown in the screen below and take a break. The framaroot application will do all the necessary things and will get your device rooted. Once the rooting process is successfully finished, your device will get automatically rebooted.
4) Now look for SuperSU app in the app drawer for confirmation of rooting. You can also use the “Root Checker” app to confirm your device’s rooting privileges.
That’s it. Now you have successfully rooted your Micromax Canvas XL2 A109 Android smartphone. If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial or if you have any doubts regarding this tutorial, do let me know via the comments section below.