If you are a user of Samsung Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562 Android smartphone and looking for the best tutorial to install Android 4.4 Kitkat Firmware, then follow this procedure. Here, I have given step by step instructions to install Android 4.4 Kitkat using Alpha 2 ROM (based on CyanogenMod 11) on Galaxy S Duos Smartphone.
WARNING: This procedure will void your smartphone warranty. Also, if anything occurs to your device by following this tutorial, you should not hold me responsible/liable. Do everything at your own will and follow this procedure carefully to avoid issues.
Let’s check the changes which will occur to your device, by installing Android 4.4 KitKat firmware.
- Flash Light
- RIL (No SIM Detected)
- YouTube videos in the official app are low quality.
- No Network in any SIM card.
- The camera only supports 3 megapixels (Using CameraMX works in 4 mega pixels).
- Data Usage section in settings is non-existent.
- Video recording does not work in stock camera app.
- Ensure that your battery level of your smartphone should be 80% or more to avoid any issues during the installation process due to low battery level.
- This following procedure will wipe out your device data. So, before trying this tutorial you need to take a complete backup of all necessary data’s by using appropriate applications.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your smartphone. Also download Samsung USB driver for your smartphone and install it on your computer, so that you can connect Galaxy S Duos with it.
- Ensure that your device is rooted, and you have CWM installed. If you don’t know the procedure to root, watch the video given below.
After completing all the above steps, you can move on to the main tutorial below.
Tutorial To Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat On Galaxy S Duos:
- First, download Alpha 2 ROM and Google Apps Package (GApps) to your computer. Then, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable.
- After that, you need to copy the downloaded ROM file and GApps package file from the computer to your device SD card.
- Once done, disconnect your device from the computer. Now, you have to boot your device into the recovery mode. To do this, press Volume Up + Home button + Power button at the same time until your device enter into recovery.
- Once you are in the CWM recovery mode, you have to select “install zip from sd card” and select “choose zip from sdcard” then find the ROM zip package and allow it install on your device.
- Once completed, then again repeat the same process for installing the GApps package which you have stored in SD card (Step 2).
- Once the installation process is completed, reboot your Galaxy S Duos smartphone. Be patient, since your device will take around 5-6 minutes for reboot and show the home screen.
That’s it! Your Samsung Galaxy S Duos GT7562 smartphone will now run on the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Operating system with the help of Alpha 2 ROM (CyanogenMod based ROM) successfully. If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, do let me know via comments.