Xperia Z2, a flagship released by Sony last year, ruled the Android smartphone market. The phone is having 2.3 GHz Quad-Core processor and runs on Android 4.4 KitKat operating system. It comes with an amazing 5.2 inches Triluminous display and 20.7 MP camera. The phone performs sleek and fast and has many features as that of all the high-end Sony smartphones. But, like all the Android devices, you can’t get all the stuff out of your Xperia Z2 unless you root it. After rooting, the first thing every user do is to install a custom ROM.
DiXperia ROM is one of the best custom ROM available for Xperia Z2. This ROM will boost the performance of your device as well as add some new features to it. One specialty of this ROM is that you can choose the programs that you want while flashing the ROM. So, you don’t need to uninstall the unnecessary apps afterward.
- Based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Playstation certification and Dualstock 3/4 connection
- CWM Recovery inside package
- Xposed installer
- Updated Sony apps
- Xperia swipe keyboard
- 30 volume steps
- Dock bar icons changed
- and a lot of stuff
Here I have given this guide on ‘How To Install DiXperia ROM on Xperia Z2’. Read the whole guide before implementing any changes on the device.
Disclaimer: Installing a custom ROM on your Xperia Z2 will void it’s warranty. If anything goes wrong during the process, you may end up with a bricked device. I will not responsible for any kind of damage to your device. Use this guide for Xperia Z2 only and not for another devices.
- Ensure that the bootloader is unlocked and the device is rooted. You may refer this guide to root Xperia Z2.
- Ensure that you have installed a custom recovery on your Xperia Z2.
- Keep your phone charged, at least 60%.
- Keep a backup of all the necessary files and contacts.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Sony Device.
- Download and install Sony USB drivers of your smartphone in the computer.
Procedure To Install DiXperia ROM On Xperia Z2:
- Download the DiXperia ROM Package for Xperia Z2 from here to the computer.
- Once downloaded, connect your Xperia Z2 to the computer and move the downloaded zip file to the SD card of your device. Do not extract the file.
- Next, reboot your phone into recovery mode. To do so, turn off the phone and then press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously until you boot into recovery.
- In Recovery mode, first of all wipe all the data including Dalvik cache.
- Then, select option ‘install zip from SD card’ and select the zip file you have moved in Step 2.
- This will start the flashing process. Follow the instructions given on-screen. Wait for some time.
- After procedure is completed, you will land in Recovery Mode again. Then, reboot your device normally.
- Hurray! You have successfully installed DiXperia ROM on your Xperia Z2. Explore the ROM to find many more interesting features.
If you get stuck in bootloops or get many Force Close errors after start-up, then wipe all the data and reinstall the ROM. If you encounter any problems during installation, feel free to ask here.