Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is a flagship Android device released by Samsung almost 2-3 years ago. This device that is also a phablet comes with 1.6 GHz processor, 2 GB RAM and gives a good performance. But, the features of this phone are quite outdated now.
So, if you want to add some new features to your Note 2 and increase its performance, you are at the right place. By rooting your phone and installing a custom ROM to it, you can easily add new amazing features to your device.
Diamond ROM, is the amazing ROM, which will add Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 features to your Note 2. This will also increase the performance of your device by adding some RAM tweaks. Also, it will add Lollipop themed apps to your device.
Take a look at the following features:
- Android L boot animation
- All apps Lollipop themed
- Stock kernel
- S5 Phone and Message app
- S5 System UP and toggles
- S5 Settings
- S5 Theme
- Magazine and pull-up app
- S5 Browser
- S5 Lockscreen effects
- Note 4 GeoNews
- Samsung Gear Manager
- S Memo
- Easy Chart for S Note
- And many more…
Here, I am giving a simple step by step guide to install this Diamond ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Its a matter of 15-20 minutes only and after that, you’ll be having Note 5 and S5 features on your device.
Disclaimer: By installing a custom ROM, you’ll void the warranty of your device. This ROM has been tested and works fine on Note 2. If anything goes wrong in your case, you’ll be end up with a bricked device. I will not be responsible for any kind of damage to your device. Use this guide for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 – GT N7100, N7105 only and not on other devices.
- Ensure that your phone is rooted and has a custom recovery installed on it. If not, follow this guide to do so.
- Take a backup of all the necessary data like Contacts, SMS, APNs, etc. as you’ll have to wipe data before installation.
- Ensure that your phone is charged up to 60% and it will not power off during the installation process.
- Make sure that you have installed Samsung USB Drivers on your computer. Also, ensure that the USB Debugging mode is enabled in your device.
- Also, ensure that your device has CWM recovery installed in it.
Once you have done these steps, move on to the main tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Install Diamond ROM on Galaxy Note 2:
- First of all, download the Diamond ROM (Mirror Link) Package for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to your computer.
- Next connect your device to the computer using USB data cable and move this zip file to the internal memory of your device. Do not extract the zip.
- Now, you’ll have to enter into the Recovery Mode on your device. For this, power off the device and then, press and hold Power + Volume Up + Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- After entering the Recovery Mode, wipe all the data.
- Then, select ‘install zip from sdcard’ option and select the Diamond ROM Package zip file from the SD card of your phone.
- Click YES when prompted to flash the zip or not.
- This will start the installation process. It might take 10 minutes.
- Once the installation is completed, you will come in Recovery Mode again. Now, select an option to reboot your device normally.
- The first reboot after the installation will take some time. Keep patience.
- Hurray! You have successfully installed Diamond ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Now, enjoy a totally different Note 2 with amazing performance and features.
Note: While rebooting the device after installation, if you get stuck in bootloops or if you get many force close errors after start-up, then go to the recovery mode, wipe all data and reinstall the ROM.
If you have any doubts regarding this ROM or if you get into any trouble while installing this ROM, let me know via comments.