Karbonn A1 is a budget Android smartphone which comes with a 2.8 inch touch screen display powered by a 600 Mhz processor, 3.2 mega pixel camera and it runs on Android 2.2 Gingerbread operating system. If you would like to get your first taste of Android with a low-budget, then this device will be the best fit for you.
If you already own this device and would like to root it for installing custom ROM firmwares or for installing applications which only supports rooted devices, you are in the right page. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to root Karbonn A1 smartphone along with a tutorial to install CWM recovery in it.
CAUTION: Rooting Karbonn A1 will void it’s warranty. So, think well before rooting your device.
1) The following rooting procedure is not a data loss process. Still, it is better to take back up of the personal data in your smartphone using appropriate apps.
2) Download and install Karbonn USB drivers on your computer, so that you can connect your device with it.
3) Enable USB Debugging in your device so that you can root your device without any issues.
4) Ensure that your device has a decent battery backup before carrying out this procedure.
After finishing these steps, proceed on to the main rooting tutorial that has been given below.
Tutorial To Root Karbonn A1 Using Unlock Root:
1) To get started, download Unlock Root Tool to your computer. Once downloaded, install it on your PC and run it as administrator.
2) Now connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB data cable. If you have installed the USB drivers properly, the Unlock root tool will identify your device and will provide an option to root.
3) Just click on that “Root” button and wait for few moments. The tool will take care of all the rooting process and once everything is done, your device will be rebooted.
4) That’s it. Now your device is rooted and you will have Superuser app installed on your device.
You can also test the rooting permissions by downloading and installing the “Root Checker” app from Google Play store.
Tutorial To Install CWM Recovery On Karbonn A1:
1) To get started, enable “Installation from Unknown Sources” in your device. Once done, download Recovery manager app and install it on your Karbonn A1 smartphone.
2) Next, download CWM Recovery With 2.6.32 Kernel and CWM Recovery With 2.6.29 Kernel to your device. Once done, open the recovery manager app and flash these two CWM recovery images into your device.
3) That’s it. Now you have successfully installed CWM recovery on your device. You can test it by switching off your device and press power button and the home key simultaneously until your device boots into the recovery mode.
If you encounter any issues while following both these tutorials, do let me know via comments.