Samsung Galaxy Star Pro is a decent Android smartphone which comes with a quality 1 GHz processor powering a 4-inch touchscreen display. The device also comes with a 512 RAM, and it runs of Android Jelly bean operating system. If you are looking for a low-budget Android phone, you should consider this one.
If you have purchased this device and if you don’t feel happy with the device’s performance, then rooting your Galaxy Star Pro device is the best option. In this page, I have given a simple step by step tutorial to root Samsung Galaxy Star Pro GT-S7262 Android device. After rooting your device, you can install custom ROM firmware and get better performance from your smartphone.
WARNING: The procedure I have given below is quite risky and if you don’t follow it properly, you might brick your Samsung device. Also, rooting will void the warranty of your device. If anything occurs to your device and you can’t get it started, don’t held me responsible. Proceed at your OWN will.
1) The rooting procedure that I have given below might wipe out your personal data. So take the complete backup of contacts, messages, and other important data’s before carrying out this procedure.
2) Download Samsung USB driver of your smartphone and install it in the computer, so that you can connect your device with it.
3) Make sure that you have enabled USB debugging mode in your Samsung smartphone. If you don’t know how to do it, follow this guide.
4) Ensure that your device has a good battery backup. If not, charge your battery fully and then follow the procedure. If you don’t charge your device and if it gets switched off in the middle of the rooting process, your device will surely get bricked.
5) Uninstall or deactivate Antivirus applications in your computer as sometimes they might cause trouble while carrying out the tutorial given below.
Once you have done all these steps, move on to the main tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Samsung Galaxy Star Pro S7262 Smartphone:
1) To get started, download Galaxy Star Pro rooting kit to your computer. Once done, extract it and save the files in a folder.
2) Next, connect your smartphone to the computer using Original USB data cable and transfer SuperSU.zip file from the rooting kit to your device’s SD card. Once done, disconnect your device and switch it off.
3) From the rooting kit, install Odin to your computer and run it. Now you have to boot your device into the download mode. To do it, press and hold the Volume Down + Home button + power button simultaneously until you boot into the download mode. You will see a warning triangle. Now, press the volume up button and connect your device to the computer again with the USB data cable.
4) If you have installed the Samsung USB drivers properly, Odin will identify your Samsung device, and you will see “Added” message in the Odin window. Now, click the PDA button and choose the recovery.tar.md5 file from the rooting kit folder.
5) Next, press the “Start” button in the Odin window to start the flashing process. Once the flashing is over, your Samsung device will reboot. Now, look for Green pass message in the Odin window. Once it shows up, you can disconnect your device from the computer.
6) Now you need to boot your device into the recovery mode. To do that, switch off your device and then press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power button simultaneously until your Samsung device boot into the recovery mode.
7) In the recovery screen, choose “Install Zip from SD card” and select the SuperSU zip file (which you have transferred to the SD card in Step 2). Once the installation is over, choose “Reboot system now” and your device will normally boot .
That’s it. Now you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Star Pro S7262 Android smartphone. To verify the rooting process, you can install the “Root Checker” app and check for rooting permissions.
Fix White Screen Issue:
When you follow the Step 6 given above, your device will boot into the recovery even if you see the white screen (some users are getting this issue). So by following the key combinations given below, you will able to flash the SuperSU file.
- After following Step 6, Press the volume down button just one time and then press the power button.
- Now you will be in the “Install Zip from SD Card” menu. So press Power button again to choose the Zip file.
- Next, press the Volume Down button two times and after that press the power button for selecting the SuperSU.zip file.
- Now press the Volume down button five times and then press the power button for flashing the zip file.
- After finishing the last step, wait for a minute and then remove your battery and reinsert it.
That’s it. Now you have flashed the SuperSu file thereby rooting your Galaxy Star Pro device. If you encounter any other issues while following this tutorial, do let me know via comments.