Do you own a Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone? Have you rooted your device and lost its warranty? OR have you installed a custom ROM firmware which you don’t like right now? Well, if you answer “yes” for the above questions, then installing stock ROM is the best option available for you.
When you Flash Stock ROM in Samsung Galaxy S4, you will unroot our device. Apart from that, you will also get back the stock Android experience which most people like.
WARNING: The stock ROM installation procedure given here has worked for us. But, if it doesn’t work for you or if your device gets into trouble by following this tutorial, then don’t held us liable. Proceed at your OWN risk.
- You have to install Samsung USB driver’s on your computer so that you can connect your Galaxy S4 smartphone with it.
- Battery level of your device should be above 70%. If for any reason your device gets switched off in the middle of the flashing process, then it will get bricked. So avoid it by having a good battery backup.
- During the installation of stock ROM on you Galaxy S4, all the persona data in your device will get loss. So backup the data by either taking a Nandroid backup or by using Samsung Kies.
- Next, enable USB debugging mode in your device. You can do it by following this guide.
Stock ROM For U.S.A Galaxy S4:
- Download T-Mobile Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware (4.4.2_M919UVUFNB4)
- Download T-Mobile Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware (4.4.2_M919UVUAMDL)
- Download AT&T Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware (4.2.2_UCUAMDL)
- Download Version Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware (4.2.2_VPUAMDC)
- Download Sprint Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware (4.2.2_L720 SPTAMDC)
- Download US Cellular Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware(4.2.2_R970TYUFNAE)
Stock ROM For Canadian Galaxy S4:
- Download Bell Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware (4.2.2_VLUAMDJ)
- Download Rogers Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware (4.2.2_VLUAMDJ)
- Download Telus Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware (4.2.2_VLUAMDJ)
Stock ROM For International Galaxy S4:
- Download International GT-i9500 Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware
- Download international GT-i9505 Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware
Tutorial To Flash Stock ROM On Samsung Galaxy S4:
- To get started, you need to boot your device into the download mode, which can be done by pressing Volume down + Power + Home button
- Next, extract the downloaded Odin package and ROM package and save it in a folder. Now, install Odin in your computer. Once done, run the program.
- Now, connect your Galaxy S4 to the computer in the download mode using the original USB data cable.
- If the connection between computer and your device is established successfully, then the ID:COM section of Odin will turn Blue or Yellow.
- If you don’t see any change in the ID:COM section, then there will be either a problem in cable or USB driver. So, try reinserting the USB cable or reinstall the USB driver.
- Next, click the PDA button and choose the ROM file (which you have already downloaded and extracted in Step 2).
- Now, click on the Start button in Odin and the flashing process will begin. Once it is finished, ID:COM section will turn green and you will see a “PASS” message.
That’s it. Now you have successfully flashed Stock ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Android smartphone. If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, do let me know via comments.