Are you using Samsung Galaxy S3? Are you tired of using it’s stock ROM? Well, if that’s the case then you are in the right webpage. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to install Turkbey ROM, a Custom ROM developed by Turbkey XDA Developer on your Galaxy S3 device.
The main advantage of this Turkbey ROM is increase in the processing speed, smooth navigation, stability, etc. For Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 this is the best ROM available right now. Just follow the guide given below to install this ROM and get more functionality out of your Android smartphone.
Warning: This guideline is only for Samsung Galaxy S3 device. Follow this tutorial on other smartphones may cause unwanted problems. Also, there is a chance that following this tutorial will cause damage to your device. So proceed at your own risk.
- To get started, make sure that you back up personal data in your smartphone since installing this ROM will wipe out all data’s in your device. For taking back up, you can use Samsung Kies.
- Next, make sure that your device is rooted and you have CWM recovery installed in it. If you are not sure on how to do this, follow out guide to root Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Now, enable USB debugging mode in your device by following the path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging (tick the box to enable it).
- Ensure that your device’s battery backup is 75% or more before starting this process. Since ROM installation always takes more power, if you don’t have enough battery backup then your device might get switched off during the installation procedure, resulting in bricked device.
Once you have done all these prerequisites, you can move on to the installation procedure given below.
Procedure To Install Turkbey ROM In Samsung Galaxy S3:
- To get started, download Turkbey ROM and save in your computer. Next, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB data cable and transfer the download ROM file to the SD card without extracting it.
- Now, switch off your device. Once done, press the home, volume up and power button simultaneously, so that your device can boot into the CWM recovery mode. In CWM, volume up and down buttons can be used to navigate over the screen and power button is used for selecting the option.
- Next, “Wipe data/ Factory rest”. Once done, select “install ZIP from SD card” and choose the TurkbeyROM ZIP from your SD card (Step 1).
- The ROM installation process will begin and it will take few minutes to get completed. Once done, do “Wipe Cache Partition” and “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
- Once done, you can restart your device by choosing “Reboot system now” in CWM recovery main menu.
Since the first boot after ROM installation will take some time, be patient. That’s it. Now you have successfully installed Turkbey ROM in your Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone. If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, do let me know using the comments section given below.