Are you using LG G3 Android smartphone? Do you want to update its Android version to Lollipop or would you like to install custom ROM firmware and custom MOD of your choice? Well, then you will need to have a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed in your device. If you are not sure how to do it, then don’t fret.
Here, I have given a full working tutorial to install TWRP Recovery in LG G3 Android smartphones. All you have to do is download the TWRP recovery files given here based on your G3 variant, follow the instructions given here and install it.
WARNING: The procedure given here has worked for us and we have installed TWRP recovery successfully. But, if for any reasons it doesn’t work or if your device gets into trouble by following the procedure given here, don’t held me liable. Just proceed at your OWN risk.
1) The first and foremost thing to do is rooting your LG smartphone. You can follow the tutorials given below to do it:
2) Next, enable USB Debugging mode in your smartphone.
3) Deactivate or uninstall antivirus applications in both your device as well as in your computer as they tend to disrupt the installation process.
4) Download LG USB drivers for your smartphone and install it in your computer. By doing so, you will be able to connect your device to the computer successfully.
Upon finishing with these prerequisites, you can move to the main installation tutorial.
Tutorial To Install TWRP Recovery In LG G3 Smartphone:
1) To get started, download TWRP recovery files are given below based on your variant to your computer.
a) TWRP Recovery for T-Mobile LG G3 D851
b) TWRP Recovery for AT&T LG G3 D850
c) TWRP Recovery for Sprint LG G3 LS990
d) TWRP Recovery for Verizon LG G3 VS985
e) TWRP Recovery for LG G3 Korean LG G3 F400K/S/L
f) TWRP Recovery for LG G3 D852
g) TWRP Recovery for LG G3 D852G
h) TWRP Recovery for LG G3 D855
i) TWRP Recovery for U.S. Cellular LG G3 US990
2) Next, connect your LG device to the computer with the help of original USB data cable and transfer the TWRP recovery image file to your SD card.
3) Now, download and install a Flashify app from Google Play store in your device. Next open the application. While doing so, the SuperUser app will ask you to grant permissions for running Flashify. Grant it.
4) In the app screen, select Recovery image -> Choose a file and browse to the SD card folder where you have saved the TWRP image file. You will see a prompt asking for your permission. Just click on “OK” to start the flashing process and once done, select “Reboot Now” in the next screen.
That’s it. Now you have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on your LG G3 smartphone, and now you can install MODs, custom ROM firmware, etc., of your choice. To access TWRP recovery, download and install QuickBoot app from Play Store
If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, do let me know via comments.