LG G3 is a smart and high-end Android phone that comes with 5.5 inches True HD-IPS + LCD touchscreen display powered by a 2.5 GHz quad-core processor (along with a 3 GB RAM), and it runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system. This is one of the best Android smartphones available right now in the market, and it would suit anyone who is looking for top quality handsets.
If you have bought this device and looking for a way to gain root privileges so that you can install custom ROM firmware of your choice or for installing applications which support rooted devices, you are in the right place. Here, I have given a simple, working and one-click root method for LG G3 with the help of PurpleDrake-Lite.
Supported LG G3 Variants:
- D850 – 10D (USA AT&T)
- D851 – 10C/M (USA T-Mobile)
- D852/G – 10B/C (Canada Bell, Rogers)
- D852G – 10B/C (Canada Videotron)
- D855 – 10A/B/C (Europe)
- D855 – 10E/F/G/I
- D855 – 10L/M
- D855K – 10D (Australia Telstra)
- D855P – 10A/B (Brazil)
- D855P – 10C
- F400 – 10A/B (Korea KT, LG U+, SK Telecom)
- F400 – 10C – T
WARNING: Rooting your LG G3 smartphone will void it’s warranty. So, please be aware of it before following the rooting tutorial given below.
1) The rooting procedure given here is not a data-loss process. So, there is absolutely no need for taking backups of personal data.
2) Download LG G3 USB drivers and install it in your computer, so that you can connect your smartphone with PC successfully.
3) Enable USB debugging mode in your LG G3 smartphone (for all variants except Verizon. Verizon variant users need to enable “Internet”/”Ethernet” mode).
4) Disable or deactivate antivirus applications in your computer, so that it won’t interrupt the rooting process.
Upon finishing these prerequisites, you can move forward to the main rooting tutorial given below.
Related: LG G3 Stock Wallpapers
Tutorial To Root LG G3 (One Click Root Method):
1) To get started, download PurpleDrake-Lite in your computer. It will be in the zip package.
2) Next, extract the zip package and save the files in a folder. Once done, connect your LG G3 to the computer using the original USB data cable.
3) Now, open the folder and click on “purpledrake_windows” to run the script. Once done, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the rooting process.
4) Once the process is over, download and install SuperSU app from the Google play store to manage root permissions.
5) That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting your LG G3 smartphone with the help of PurpleDrake-Lite. To check whether the rooting process is successful, you can use the Root Checker app.
If you encounter any unknown issues while following this procedure, do let me know using the comments section below.