Sony Xperia C3 is a high-quality Android phone from Sony. The device comes with a 5.5 inch IPS LCD touchscreen display powered by a 1.2 GHz processor along with a 1GB RAM and it runs on Android KitKat operating system. With only a 5 megapixel camera, the device doesn’t support high-quality image capturing. If you are looking for a quality Android smartphone in the Xperia series, Xperia C3 is the one you should consider first.
If you have purchased this Android phone and would like to root it so that you can flash custom ROM firmware or to install Android applications which only supports rooted devices, then you are in the right place. Here, I have given a step by step working tutorial to root Sony Xperia C3 Dual smartphone.
WARNING: Rooting your Sony device will void its warranty. Also, if anything occurs to your smartphone by following the tutorial given below, don’t held me responsible. Proceed at your own will.
1) Before getting started with the rooting procedure, take a complete backup of personal data in your smartphone using appropriate apps. If you don’t take backup and follow the procedure given below, then your personal data will be wiped out, and you can’t recover them at all.
2) Ensure that your device has a good battery backup or else charge it fully, before carrying out the procedure.
3) Download Sony Xperia USB drivers and install it in your computer, so that you can connect Xperia C3 with it.
4) Enable USB Debugging mode in your device by following the path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging Mode (tick the box to enable it).
Once you have finished these steps, you can move on to the rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Sony Xperia C3:
1) To get started, you have to unlock the bootloader of your Xperia C3. To do that, visit this page and follow the instructions given there to get the Unlock CODE (which will be sent to your email address).
2) Next, download Flashtool and install in your computer. Once done, switch off your device and connect it to the computer while holding the volume down button until the phone LED turns into blue color.
3) Now, click BLU on the flash tool and follow the onscreen instructions. Once it is done, disconnect your Xperia C3 from the computer and reconnect it to the computer while holding the Volume up button until you see the Flashtool asking for the Unlock code (Step 1). Just enter it and your device bootloader will be unlocked.
5) Now, open flash tool and select Fastboot mode. Next choose “Kernel To Flash” followed by “*.img” and finally choose the boot.img that you have got after extracting the CWM recovery (Step 4). The flashing process will begin and within few seconds will get completed. Once done, disconnect your Xperia C3 from the computer.
6) Next, switch on your device, connect it to the computer using USB debugging mode and transfer the SuperSU.zip file (Step 4) to the SD card. Once done, disconnect your device again.
7) Now, switch off your smartphone again. We have to boot into the recovery mode for flashing SuperSU. To do that, switch on your device while holding the Volume UP button until you boot into the recovery mode.
8) In CWM recovery, select “Install Zip from SD card”, choose the SuperSU file that you have transferred to the SD (Step 6) and start the flashing process. Once it is done, Reboot your device normally.
That’s it. Now you have successfully rooted your Sony Xperia C3 smartphone. If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, drop in a comment below. I will get back to you shortly.