HTC One E8 is a decent quality Android smartphone, which comes with a 5 inch super LCD3 touchscreen display powered by 2.5 GHz quad-core processor alongside a 2 GB RAM. The device is the mini version of the HTC’s flagship smartphone, HTC One M8. The E8 runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system and like M8, it has a powerful 13 mega pixel camera for taking full HD videos and pictures. If you are budget minded, then HTC One E8 is the ideal device for you.
If you have purchased this HTC smartphone and looking for a way to root it, so that you can install custom ROM firmware of your choice, or to remove bloat ware which comes pre-installed in your device, or to install custom-made applications which only supports rooted devices, then you are in the right page. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to Root HTC One E8. I have also given a tutorial to flash TWRP recovery.
WARNING: Rooting your HTC device will void its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it. Also, you may get your device bricked if you don’t follow the instructions given here properly. So, if anything happens to your device and make it unusable, don’t held me responsible. Proceed at your OWN risk.
1) The rooting procedure given here is a data-loss process, so take backup of personal data’s in your smartphone using appropriate apps.
2) Next, enable USB debugging mode in your smartphone. If you don’t know how to do that, follow our guide to enable USB debugging.
3) Download HTC One E8 USB drivers and install it in your computer. Without doing so, you won’t be able to connect your smartphone to the computer successfully.
4) Uninstall or deactivate antivirus applications in your computer as they tend to interrupt the rooting process, which may result in bricked device.
Once you have finished these prerequisites, you can proceed to the main rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root HTC One E8 Android Device:
1) To get started, download Minimal ADB and Fastboot and install it in your computer desktop. Next, download the TWRP recovery file based on your device’s model and save the file in your Desktop:
2) Now we have to flash this TWRP recovery in your HTC device. To do that open Minimal ADB and fastboot command window. Once done, switch off your device and connect it to the computer using the original USB data cable.
3) Next, enter the following commands:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
(change the twrp.img file name based on the downloaded TWRP recovery .img file).
4) This will start the flashing of TWRP recovery and it will get finished in a minute. Once done, enter the following commands:
fastboot erase cache
5) That’s it. Now you have successfully flash TWRP recovery in your HTC One M8.
6) Now, download SuperSU and save it in your computer. Once done, transfer the SuperSU zip file to your device’s SD card and disconnect your device from the computer.
7) Next, boot your HTC smartphone into the Recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons simultaneously and your device will boot into the TWRP recovery mode.
8) Now, select “Install” and point to the SuperSU zip file which you have transferred to the SD card in Step 6. This will start the flashing process, and it will get completed in a minute or two. Once done, reboot your device normally.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting HTC One E8 Android smartphone. To confirm the rooting process, go to apps menu and look for SuperSU app. If it shows up there, then your device is successfully rooted. Alternatively, you can install and run the Root Checker app from Google Play store to confirm your device’s root privileges.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, drop in a comment below.