Gionee Elife E3 is a mid-range Android smartphone that comes with a 4.7 inch IPS LCD touchscreen display powered by 1.2 GHz quad-core processor along with an 1 GB RAM and it runs on Android 4.2 Jelly bean operating system. The 8 mega pixel camera which comes with this device is more than enough to capture HD pictures and videos. If you are looking for a top end Android device with low-budget, then Gionee E3 should be a good choice.
If you have bought this device already and would like to get the best out of it, then you should get root privileges. If you don’t know how to get that, don’t worry at all. Here, I have given a tutorial with step by step instructions to root Gionee Elife E3 smartphone without using a computer.
WARNING: Rooting your device will void it’s warranty. Also, if anything occurs to your device while following this tutorial, do not held me or my team responsible. Proceed with this tutorial at your OWN risk.
- Before getting started with the tutorial, it is important to take backup of personal data’s in the smartphone so that if something goes wrong during rooting and if your device data gets wiped out, we can recover the data with the backup.
- Make sure that you have uninstalled or deactivated antivirus applications in your Gionee smartphone, as they tend to interrupt the rooting process.
- Enable Unknown Sources (installation of apps from unknown sources) in your smartphone by following the path: Settings -> Security -> Unknown Sources. Without doing so, you won’t be able to install Framaroot app that is required for rooting your device.
Once you have finished these prerequisites, you can move on to the main rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Gionee Elife E3 Without Computer:
- To get started, download framaroot apk into your device. Once downloaded, install the application in your smartphone. While installing, you may get some warning messages. Just disregard them and install the application.
- Once installed, open the application. Now, click on the first option “Boromir”.
- The rooting process will begin, and it will take a minute or two to get completed. Once done, you will get a pop up stating “SuperSU Binary Installed.” Now just click “Ok”.
- To finish the rooting process, just restart your smartphone.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting your Gionee Elife E3 smartphone. You can use the Root Checker app to check your device’s rooting privileges.
If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial to root your Gionee smartphone, let me know via comments.