Micromax A115 Canvas 3D is a good quality Android smartphone released in the year 2013 by the Indian smartphone manufacturers, Micromax. The device comes with a 5 inch 3D touchscreen display powered by a 1.2 Ghz dual-core processor along with a 512 MB RAM. With it’s 5 mega pixel camera, you can take decent snaps. Running on Android Jelly bean operating system, the device has been a huge success in the Indian smartphone market.
If you have bought this device and would like to get better performance out of it, then you should consider rooting. Rooting your device will let you to install customized Android apps, custom ROM firmware running on latest Android versions and a lot more things. Sounds interesting, right? But, if you don’t know how to do it, then don’t worry. Here, I have given a full working tutorial to root Micromax A115 Canvas 3D smartphone along with a tutorial to install CWM recovery in the same device.
WARNING: Rooting your Micromax smartphone will void its warranty. Also, sometimes rooting will result in bricking of your device. So, if anything wrong occurs to your smartphone while following this tutorial, don’t held me responsible. Proceed at your OWN wish.
1) Before starting the rooting process, it is safe to take a backup of all the personal data in your smartphone using the appropriate apps. You can use this backup to restore data, if anything wrong occurs to your device and its software gets crashed.
2) Download Micromax Canvas A115 USB drivers and install it in your computer, so that you can connect your smartphone with it successfully.
3) Enable USB Debugging mode in your Micromax smartphone. Also, ensure that your device at least have a minimum of 60% battery backup as rooting your device is a power consuming process.
4) Uninstall or deactivate antivirus programs in your PC as they sometimes tend to distract the rooting procedure.
Upon finish with these prerequisites, you can move on to the main rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Micromax A115 Canvas 3D:
1) To get started, you will need to download Unlock Tool rooting kit and install it in your computer.
2) Once done, run the program in your computer. Next, connect your smartphone to the computer with the help of original USB data cable. If you have installed the USB drivers properly, the connection will be successful.
3) Now, in the unlock tool window select your device from the list of devices given in there. Once done, click on the “Root” button and let the rooting process begin. It will take a minute to get completed and once done, you will get a success message. Once you have seen the message, you can disconnect your smartphone from the PC.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting your Micromax Canvas A115 3D smartphone. To confirm the root privileges of your device, you can use the Root Checker app from the Google Play store.
Now, lets proceed to the tutorial to install CWM recovery.
Tutorial To Install CWM Recovery In Micromax A115 Canvas 3D:
1) To get started, download CWM recovery image and save it in your computer.
2) Next, connect your smartphone to the computer using USB data cable. Once done, transfer the download “recovery.img” to the SD card of your device.
3) Now, install Recovery Manager app in your smartphone from Google Play store. Once done, open the application and select recovery. From there, choose “Install Recovery” and select the “recovery.img” file which you have saved in your SD card (Step 2).
4) The recovery flashing process will begin and it will take sometime to get completed. Once done, you will get the “Current Recovery: Unrecognized“. Don’t bother about it at all.
That’s it. Now you have successfully installed CWM recovery in your Micromax A115 Android smartphone.
If you encounter any issues while following these tutorials, do let me know by dropping a comment below. I will get back to you with a solution ASAP.