Micromax A106 Unite 2 is a good quality Android device from the Indian smartphone manufacturer, Micromax. Running on Android KitKat operating system, the device comes with a 4.7 inch IPS LCD touchscreen display that is powered by a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor alongside 1 GB RAM. The device’s 5 mega pixel camera will let you take high-quality snaps and videos.
If you own this device and would like to upgrade its Android firmware versions or if you would like to install apps which only supports rooted devices, then you will need to root your device. If you don’t know the procedure for rooting, then don’t worry. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to root Micromax Unite 2 A106 Android smartphone.
WARNING: Rooting your Micromax device will void its manufacturer warranty and you won’t be able to claim it. Also, if anything occurs to your device while following the tutorial given below, don’t held AndroidRootGuides responsible. We are merely sharing valuable information which you can try at your OWN risk.
1) Before getting started with the rooting process, it is safe to take backup of all the personal data in your smartphone. If incase your device’s software gets corrupted while rooting, then you can use the backup to restore data.
2) Make sure that your device has a good battery backup (at least 75%) before starting the rooting process.
3) You will have to enable USB debugging mode in your smartphone. To do that, go to Settings, open About Phone and tap 7 times on the build number to enable “Developers Option“. Once done, get back to the settings screen, open developers option and enable USB debugging mode.
4) Deactivate or uninstall the antivirus applications in your computer as they tend to interrupt the rooting procedure.
5) Download Micromax A106 Unite 2 USB drivers and install it in your computer and by doing this, you will be able to connect your smartphone with the computer successfully.
Once you have finished these pre-rooting tasks, you can proceed to the main rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Micromax Unite 2 A106:
1) To get started, download and save the following files in your computer:
2) Next, connect your smartphone to the computer with the help of Original USB data cable and transfer the downloaded SuperSU file to your device’s SD card. Once done, disconnect your smartphone from the computer.
3) Now switch off your device and pull out its battery. Once done, connect your smartphone to the computer again using USB cable.
4) Next, extract all the files of the SP Flash Tool compressed file and save it in a folder. From their, run the Flash Tool program by double clicking on the Flash_Tool.exe file.
5) In the SP Flash Tool window, using the Scatter-loading button choose the “MT6582_Android_scatter_emmc.txt” scatter file which you have downloaded in Step 1.
6) Once you have selected the Scatter file, you will see a lot of options showing up in the SP Flash Tool window. In that, select BOOTIMG and choose the boot.img which you have downloaded in Step 1. Repeat the same procedure for RECOVERY as well.
7) Now, press the download button. You will see a warning message but don’t worry about it. Just ignore the warning message and select “Ok”. That’s it. Now you have successfully installed CWM recovery in your Micromax Unite 2 device.
8) Next, insert the battery in your device and press and hold the Volume up + Volume down and power key until you boot into the CWM recovery. And from there, select “Install Zip from SD card” option and choose the “SuperSU” file in your SD card (Step 1). This will install the SuperSU app in your device. Once the installation is over, you can normally reboot .
That’s it. Now you have successfully rooted Micromax A106 Unite 2 smartphone. To check whether your device is successfully rooted or not, you can use the Root Checker app from Google Play store. Also, if you face any challenges while following this tutorial, do let me know using the comments section below.