Micromax YU Yureka is a dual-SIM 4G Android smartphone released by the Indian mobile manufacturers, Micromax. The device comes with a 5.5 inch HD IPS touchscreen display that is powered by a 64 Bit 1.5 Ghz octa-core Snapdragon processor alongside 2 GB DDR 3 RAM. The 13 mega pixel comes with this device will take better pictures than an average point and shoot digital camera. The device runs on CyanogenMod OS 11.
If you have purchased this Micromax device and want to root it, so that you can install custom ROM firmware of your choice or for installing applications which only supports devices with root privileges, then you are in the right place. Here, I have given a full step-by-step working tutorial to root Micromax YU Yureka.
WARNING: Rooting your Micromax smartphone will void its warrant and you won’t be able to claim it without unrooting. Also, sometimes rooting your device might get into software trouble and if that happens, don’t held me or Android Root Guides responsible. Proceed at your OWN will.
1) The rooting procedure given here is a data-loss process, and, therefore, we suggest you to take backup of personal data’s in your smartphone using appropriate apps.
2) Make sure that your device has a good battery backup since rooting is a time-consuming process and if your device gets switched off in the middle of rooting process, it will get bricked for sure.
3) Deactivate antivirus programs in your computer as they tend to misinterpret the rooting applications with viruses and won’t let you carry out the rooting procedure.
4) Download Micromax YU Yureka USB drivers and install it in your computer, so that you can connect your device with PC successfully.
Upon finishing these prerequisites, you can move on to the main rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Unlock Micromax YU Yureka Bootloader:
1) Before rooting your device, you will need the unlock the bootloader of your Yureka smartphone. To do that, first download the rooting kit and extract it contents in a folder in your computer.
2) Next, switch off your device and connect it to the computer using the Original USB data cable. If you have installed the USB drivers properly, then the connection will be successful, and you will see your device’s LED turns “Red.”
3) Now, you will have to press and hold the “Volume Up” button in your device for few seconds until the LED glows. Once that happens, go to the extracted folder in your computer and while pressing the Shift button in your keyword, right-click on your mouse. You will see “Open Command window here” option. Click on it and open the command window.
4) In the command window, enter the following command:
fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock
5) That’s it. Now you have successfully unlocked your device bootloader and by doing so, you will be able to root your device.
Tutorial To Root Micromax YU Yureka:
1) For rooting your device, you will need to install SuperSU app and to do that, you will need to boot into the CWM recovery. If you haven’t installed CWM recovery, then go the extracted folder where you have saved the files of the rooting kit, press the Shift button in your keyword and right-click on your mouse to see the “Open Command Window here” option. Now, click on it and open the command window there.
2) Next, enter the following command and press enter:
fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery-yu.img
3) Now, you have successfully installed CWM recovery in your device. Once done, download SuperSU zip and save it in the SD card of your device.
4) Next, switch off your device and boot into the recovery mode, which you can do by pressing the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button simultaneously for few seconds.
5) Once you are in the recovery mode, select the “Install Zip from SD card” option and choose the SuperSU zip file, which you have already saved in the SD card. This will start the flashing process and will get completed within a minute or two. Once it is done, reboot your device normally.
That’s it. Now you have successfully rooted your Yureka smartphone. To confirm the root privileges of your Micromax device, you can use the Root Checker app from Google Play store. Also, if you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, do let me know via comments.