Nokia XL is a mid-range Android smartphone, which comes with a 5 inch IPS LCD touchscreen display powered by a 1 Ghz dual-core processor alongside 768 MB RAM. The device runs on Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean operating system. Its 2000 mAh battery will provide long talk time hours and its 5 Mega pixel will be more than enough to take high quality pictures and videos.
If you have purchased this Android device and looking for a way to root it, so that you can install GApps or to install applications which only supports rooted devices or to install custom ROM firmware, then you are in the right webpage. Here, I have given a full working tutorial to root Nokia XL. I have also given a simple tutorial to install GApps on Nokia XL.
WARNING: Rooting your Nokia smartphone will void its warranty. Also, sometimes rooting your device will get it into trouble. If any of those happens, don’t held me or Android Root Guides responsible. Please proceed at your OWN wish.
Tutorial To Root Nokia XL:
1) To get started with the rooting process, you will have to download Nokia XL ADB drivers to your computer. Once done, extract it contents and save it in a folder.
2) Now, you have to enable USB Debugging mode by following the path: Settings -> USB Debugging. Once you have enabled it, connect your Nokia device to the computer with the help of original USB data cable.
3) Once done, go to “Control Panel” in your computer and open “Device Manager“. Now, click on other devices and you will find “Nokia XL” listed in there followed by a yellow triangle, which indicates that the driver for your device hasn’t been installed.
4) Next, click on your device name and select “Update Driver“. Once done, your system will ask you to choose the ADB drivers folder. Just point it to the extracted folder (Step 1). That’s it. You have successfully installed Nokia XL Drivers in your computer. Now, disconnect your smartphone from the computer.
5) Now, download Nokia X Manager and install it in your computer. Once installed, run the program and in its Window, you will see a “Waiting for Device” message.
6) Once you see the message, connect your smartphone to the computer again. If the ADB drivers have been successfully installed, the connection will be successful and you will see a “Device Connected” message in the Nokia X Manager window.
7) Next, just click on the “Root Device” option to begin the rooting process. Your Nokia device will reboot while the rooting process is going on, so don’t panic when you see your device getting rebooted.
8) After a minute or two, your device will be successfully rooted, and you can see the SuperSU app in your device.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Nokia XL smartphone. You can use the Root Checker app from Google play store to check your device’s rooting privileges.
Related Tutorial: How To Root Nokia X
Tutorial To Install GApps In Nokia XL Smartphone:
1) Once your device is successfully rooted, go back to the Nokia X Manager and click on the “Install GApps” option.
2) Google Apps installation in your device will begin and it will get completed within a minute or two.
That’s it. Now you have successfully flashed GApps on your Nokia XL device.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, drop in a comment below. I will get back to you with a solution within 24-48 hours.