Samsung Galaxy Fame Lite is a mid-range Android smartphone from “Samsung Mobiles” released in the year 2013. The device comes with 3.5 inch touchscreen display powered by a 850 Mhz processor and it runs on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean operating system. The 1300 mAh battery comes with this device will provide a decent talk-time period.
If you have bought this device and looking for a way to gain root privilege, so that you can install custom ROM firmware to increase the device’s performance or applications which only supports devices, then you are in right webpage. Here, I have given a tutorial with step by step instructions to root Samsung Galaxy Fame Lite GT-S6790 Android smartphone.
CAUTION: Rooting your Samsung device will void its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it back unless you unroot. So, think well before proceeding with this rooting procedure.
1) Although the rooting process given here is not a data-loss process, it is safe to have a backup of personal data. Using Samsung Kies and take backup of contacts, call logs and other important data’s.
2) You will have to enable USB debugging mode for this rooting tutorial to work. If you don’t have any idea about enabling it, just follow this guide.
3) Ensure that the antivirus applications in your computer have been deactivated or uninstalled as they tend to interfere with the rooting procedure, which sometimes will result in bricking of your device.
4) Download Samsung Galaxy Fame Lite USB drivers and install it in your computer. By doing so, you will be able to connect your smartphone with the computer successfully.
5) Make sure that your device has 50% battery backup left in it or else the rooting process might not get finished, and your device might get bricked.
Once you have finished these tasks, you can go ahead with the main rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Samsung Galaxy Fame Lite (GT-S6790):
1) To get started, download Kingo Android Root tool and install it in your computer. Once done, run the program in your computer.
2) Next, connect your Galaxy Fame Lite smartphone to the computer with the help of original USB data cable. If the USB drivers has been properly installed, the connection will be successful and the Kingo Android root program will identify your device by showing a picture of it, in its Window.
3) Now, just click on the “Root” button in the Kingo tool window to start the rooting process. It will take few minutes to get completed. Once done, the Kingo tool will notify you that your device has been successfully rooted.
4) Next, click on the “Finish” button to restart your smartphone. Don’t disconnect your device from the computer or close the Kingo Android root tool window.
5) Upon reboot, your device will again establish connection with the Kingo tool and will ask you to grant super user permission. Just click the “Grant” button to enable it.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting your Galaxy Fame Lite Android device. To confirm whether your device is successfully rooted or not, install Root Checker app from the Google Play store and run it.
Related Tutorial: How To Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Fame Lite S6790 To Android 4.1.2
Also, if you face any challenges while following the rooting procedure given above, get in touch with me via the comments section below.