Gionee Elife S5.5 is a top-end Android smartphone released by the Chinese mobile manufacturers in the year 2014. The device comes with 1.7 GHz octa-core processor powering a 5 inch super AMOLED touchscreen display, and it runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean which is upgradable up to Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system. The device also has 2 GB and a power 13 mega pixel primary camera for taking high-quality snaps and videos.
If you have purchased this Gionee smartphone and looking for a way to get the best out of it, then you should root it. By rooting, you will be able to install custom Android applications, remove preinstalled applications, install custom ROM firmware’s, etc. If you are not sure how to root your device, then don’t worry. Here, I have given a working tutorial to root Gionee Elife S5.5.
WARNING: Rooting your Gionee smartphone will void its warranty and you will not be able to claim it. Also, rooting might sometimes result in bricked device. If that happens, don’t help me responsible. Proceed at your OWN risk.
1) Before getting started, make sure that you take a complete backup of personal data in your smartphone using appropriate apps, so that if anything wrong happens during the rooting procedure you will be able to recover your data by using the backup.
2) Next, enable USB debugging mode in your smartphone. To do so, first enable Developer options by following this path: Settings -> About Phone (tap on the build number for 7-10 times to enable it) and once done, follow this path to enable USB debugging mode: Settings -> Developer options -> USB debugging.
3) Download Gionee Elife S5.5 USB drivers and install it in your computer, so that you can connect your smartphone with the PC successfully.
4) Make sure that your smartphone has a decent battery backup before getting started with the rooting procedure. Also, ensure that you have deactivated or uninstalled antivirus applications in your computer so that they won’t interrupt the rooting procedure.
Once you have finished these prerequisites, follow the main rooting process given here.
Tutorial To Root Gionee Elife S5.5:
1) To get started, download iRoot and install it in your computer.
2) Next, connect your Gionee smartphone to the computer with the help of original USB data cable. If you have installed the USB drivers properly, the connection will be successful.
3) Now, open iRoot and wait until it recognizes your device. Once it does, you will be able to see a Green Root button. Just click on it to start the rooting process.
4) During the rooting procedure, your device will reboot several times, and once the process gets completed, you will get a success message in the iRoot window. Now, you can disconnect your smartphone from the computer.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Gionee Elife S5.5 Android smartphone. To confirm the root privileges of your smartphone, use the Root Checker Android application from Google Play store.
If you encounter any issues or if you face any challenges while following this rooting tutorial, do let me know using the comments section below.