HTC Desire 820 is a good quality Android smartphone released in September 2014. The device comes with a 5.5 inch LCD touchscreen display, which is powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core processor along with a 2 GB RAM and it runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system. The highlight of this device is its primary camera, which with 13 mega pixel lens can help you to take full HD pictures and videos easily.
If you have purchased this device and looking for a way to get the best out of it, then you should consider rooting your device. By rooting, you will be able to install custom-built Android apps, custom ROM firmware that run on higher Android version, etc. If you are not knowledgeable in the rooting process, then don’t worry. Here, I have given step by step tutorial to Root HTC Desire 820 smartphone.
WARNING: Rooting your device will void it’s warranty and you won’t be able to claim it back. Also, sometimes rooting might get your device into software trouble and if that happens don’t held me liable. Please proceed with CAUTION.
1) To get started, you will need to unlock your device’s bootloader. Since this process will wipe out the personal data in your device, take a complete backup of personal data in your smartphone by using appropriate apps. Once done, unlock your device’s bootloader by visiting htcdev.com!
2) Next, enable USB Debugging mode in your smartphone. To do so, first you will need to enable Developer options by following this path: Settings -> About Phone (tap on the build number for 5-7 times to enable Developer options). Once done, enable USB Debugging by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging (tap on it to enable this function).
3) Ensure that your device has at least 60% or more battery backup in it as the rooting procedure is a time-consuming process. If you device doesn’t have enough battery backup and if it gets switched off in the middle of the rooting process, then it will surely get bricked. So, avoid it by having enough battery backup.
4) Download HTC Desire 820 USB Drivers and install it in your computer, as it is essential for connecting your device with the PC successfully.
Once you have done these prerequisites, you can move forward to the main rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root HTC Desire 820 Android Device:
1) To get started, download TWRP recovery and SuperSU to your computer. Once done, connect your smartphone to the computer and transfer the SuperSU file to your device’s SD card and disconnect your device from the computer.
2) Now, extract the TWRP recovery zip file into a folder. Once done, switch off your device and boot into the FASTBOOT mode by pressing Volume Down and Power Key simultaneously. Once your device is in FASTBOOT mode, connect it with the computer by using original USB data cable.
3) Next, open the folder where you have extracted the recovery files and click on flash-recovery.bat. This will start the recovery flashing process and once it is done, boot into the recovery mode by using the Volume Keys and Power button.
4) Now, select “Install” and choose the SuperSU zip file that you transferred to the SD card of your device in Step 1 to begin the installation process. Once it is done, reboot your device normally.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting HTC Desire 820 Android smartphone. To confirm, visit your Apps menu and look for SuperSU app. If it is located there, then the rooting process is successful. Alternatively, you can use the Root Checker app from Google Play store to confirm the rooting procedure.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting procedure, buzz me by dropping a comment below. I will get back to you with a solution ASAP.