Micromax A106 Unite 2 is a good quality Android smartphone, released by the Indian smartphone Manufacturers “Micromax” in the year 2014. The device comes with a 4.7 inch IPS LCD touchscreen display, which is powered by a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor alongside a 1 GB RAM and it runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system. If you are looking for a budget Android smartphone with high-end smartphone features, then this device would be an ideal choice.
If you own this device and looking for a way to improve its performance or to upgrade its firmware to the Android Lollipop (there is no official update for this device), then you will have to root your smartphone. If you are not sure how to do it, then don’t fret. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to root Micromax Unite 2 by flashing the custom recovery.
WARNING: Rooting your Micromax Smartphone will void its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it. Also, sometimes rooting might get your device bricked. So, if anything wrong occurs to your device while following this tutorial, don’t held me responsible. Proceed at your OWN wish.
1) Although the rooting procedure I have given below is not a data-loss process, it is essential to get ROM dump by following this guide as there is no stock ROM firmware available for this device and you won’t be able to get your device in a working condition, if anything goes wrong.
2) Once done, download Micromax A106 drivers and install it in your computer, so that you can connect your smartphone with the computer successfully.
3) Next, enable USB debugging mode in your smartphone by following this guide.
4) Ensure that your device has at least 60-70% battery backup in it before starting with the rooting procedure.
Once you have done all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the main rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Micromax Unite 2 Android Smartphone:
1) To get started, download SuperUser, Custom Recovery, SP Flash Tools and MT6582_Android_scatter file to your computer. Once done, connect your smartphone to the computer with the original USB data cable and transfer the SuperUser zip file to its SD card.
2) Now, disconnect the smartphone from the computer and switch it off by removing the battery. Now, run SP Flash Tools in your computer and load the scatter file. Next, select the “recovery” option in SP Flash Tools and load the custom recovery.
3) Once done, connect your smartphone without battery to the computer using USB data cable again and click “Download” in SP flash tools. Once the flashing is over, you will see a green circle with Download ok message.
4) Now, disconnect your smartphone from the computer, insert the battery and press the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power Button simultaneously to boot into the recovery mode.
5) Next, select “Install” in TWRP recovery mode and select the SuperUser.zip, which you have transferred to the SD card in Step 1. This will start the SuperUser flashing process and once it is done, reboot system normally.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Micromax A106 Unite 2 Android smartphone. To confirm the root privileges of your device, you can use the Root Checker App from Google Play store. Also, if you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, do let me know via comments.