Panasonic P81 is a good quality Android smartphone, which comes with a 5.5 inch IPS LCD touchscreen display powered by a 1.7 GHz Octa-core processor alongside 1 GB RAM. The device runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system. The 13 mega pixel which comes with this device is good enough to take HD pictures and videos. If you are looking for a high-end Android smartphone within 20,000 INR, then this would be the ideal choice for you.
If you have purchased this Panasonic smartphone and looking for a way to improve its performance, then rooting your device is the only choice. By rooting, you will be able to install custom ROM firmware of your choice, install customized Android applications, uninstall pre-installed applications and do a lot more things. If you are not sure how to root your device, then you are in the right page. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to root Panasonic P81 smartphone. I have also given a guide to install CWM recovery in your device.
WARNING: Rooting your Panasonic smartphone will void its warranty. Also, sometimes while rooting you may get your device bricked. So, if any of those happens, do not held me liable. Proceed at your OWN risk.
1) The rooting procedure I have given here is not a data-loss process. So, there is no real need for taking backups but if you insist on taking a backup of personal data, it won’t hurt.
2) Enable Installation of apps from Unknown sources in your device by following the path: Settings -> Security -> Unknown Sources.
3) Enable USB Debugging Mode in your smartphone. To do that, first you will have to enable Developer Options which can be done by following this path: Settings -> About Phone (tap on the build number for 5-7 times to enable it). Next, enable USB Debugging mode by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging.
4) Uninstall or deactivate antivirus applications in both your system and smartphone, so that they won’t interrupt the rooting process.
5) Download Panasonic P81 USB drivers and install it in your computer, so that you can connect your smartphone with PC successfully.
Once you have finished these prerequisites, you can move forward to the rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Panasonic P81 With Computer:
1) To get started, download Framaroot apk directly to your smartphone. Once done, click on the apk file to install it. While installing, you might get some warning messages. Just ignore them and install the app.
2) Next, open the Framaroot application in your smartphone. Once done, select “Install Superuser” under “Select an action to execute after root” and then select “Barahir” exploit. This will start the rooting process.
3) Once the rooting process is done, you will get a pop-up success message stating SuperUser and SuperSU binary files are installed. It will also ask you to reboot your device.
4) Now, reboot your device to finish the rooting process.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Panasonic P81 Android smartphone. You can verify the root privileges of your device by installing the Root Checker App from Google Play store.
Now, let’s find out how you can install CWM recovery in your smartphone as it is essential for install custom ROM firmware’s, etc.
Tutorial To Install CWM Recovery In Panasonic P81:
2) Now, connect your smartphone to the computer. Once it is successfully connected, extract the MTKDroidTools zip package and run the program.
3) Next, in the MTKDroidTools windows, click on the “root, backup, recovery” tab. Now in that tab, choose “To use Boot from Phone” option and click on “Recovery and Boot“.
4) Now, a pop-up window will show up asking whether you would like to make CWM recovery automatically. Click on “Yes“. Now, another pop-up window will show up asking whether you want to flash Patched Boot.img. Click on “No“. Now, one more pop-up window will show up asking whether you want to install the created recovery to phone. Click on “Yes“. At last, you will get one more pop-up window asking whether you want to reload phone in recovery. Click on “Yes” or “no” based on your choice.
5) If you click on “Yes” after the CWM recovery installation process, your device will boot into the recovery mode automatically.
That’s it. Now you have successfully flashed CWM recovery in your Panasonic P81 smartphone. Now, you can install any custom ROM firmware of your choice.
If you encounter any issues, while following this Panasonic P81 rooting and CWM recovery installation tutorial, do let me know via comments.