Samsung Galaxy A5 is a new-age Android smartphone released by Samsung Mobiles in October, 2014. This high-quality Android device comes with 5 inch super AMOLED touchscreen display which is powered by a 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 quad-core processor. The 2 GB RAM helps the device works at lighting speed, and it runs on Android 4.4.4 KitKat operating system. If you are looking for a quality Android smartphone, then Galaxy A5 would be an ideal fit.
If you have purchased Samsung Galaxy A5 smartphone and looking for a way to root it, so that you can remove the bloat ware’s in the device or install custom ROM firmware’s or install custom-built Android applications, then you are in the right web page. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to Root Samsung Galaxy A5 Android smartphone with the help of CF Auto Root.
WARNING: Rooting your Samsung smartphone will void its warranty and you will not be able to claim it. Also, while rooting if you don’t follow the procedure properly, you may get your device bricked. If that happens, do not held me liable or responsible. Please move forward with the tutorial at your OWN wish.
1) To get started, download Samsung Galaxy A5 USB drivers and install it in your computer. By doing so, you will be able to connect your smartphone with the computer successfully.
2) Next, take complete backup of personal data’s in your smartphone using appropriate apps. The reason for taking a backup is, even if the device data gets lost during the rooting process we can get back the data with the help of backup.
3) Ensure that you have enabled USB Debugging mode in your smartphone. If you haven’t heard about it and if you are not sure how to enable it, then follow our guide.
4) Make sure that your device has a decent battery backup in it. If not, charge your battery up to 60% and then start the rooting process.
5) Remove or deactivate antivirus applications in your computer as they tend to interrupt with the rooting procedure.
Once you have done all these prerequisites, you can move forward to the main rooting tutorial that I have given below.
Tutorial To Root Samsung Galaxy A5 (All Variants):
1) To begin the rooting procedure, Download the CF Auto Root Rooting kit given below based on your device’s model number (you can get the model number of your device by visiting: Settings -> About Phone):
2) Once download, extract the rooting kit zip package and save the .tar.md5 file in your desktop. Next, download Odin and install it in your computer.
3) Now, switch off your smartphone and boot it into the Download Mode by pressing the Volume Down, Power, and Home Buttons simultaneously for few seconds. Once in Download mode, connect your smartphone to the computer with the help of original USB data cable.
4) Next, run Odin in your computer. If you have installed the USB drivers successfully, then you will get an “Added” message in Odin indicating that your device is successfully connected with the computer.
5) Now, click on the “PDA” button in Odin and select the .tar.md5 file from Step 2. Next, make sure that you have ticked the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. Once done, click on the “Start” button to begin the flashing process and it will take a minute or two to get completed.
6) Once the flashing process is over, your device will reboot automatically. Also, you will get a PASS message in Odin. Once you see your device’s log on-screen, you can disconnect it from the computer.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Samsung Galaxy A5 (All variants). To confirm the root privileges of your smartphone, use the root checker application from Google Play store. Also, if you face any challenges while following this tutorial, do let me know using the comments section below.