Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is the curved version of Galaxy S6 smartphone and it comes with the same 5.1 inch Super AMOLED touchscreen display, which is protected by Gorilla Glass 4. The device comes with the in-built 3 GB RAM and it runs on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop operating system. The 16 mega pixel camera comes with this device will rival any point and shoot digital camera. If you are ready to spend big on smartphones, then go and get this device.
If you have purchased this Galaxy S6 Edge Android device and looking for a tutorial to root it, then you are in the right webpage. Here, I have provided a full working tutorial to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Android smartphone. By following this tutorial, you will be able to root your device successfully thereby you will get the privilege to install custom ROM firmware’s, custom Android apps, etc.
WARNING: Rooting will certainly void your Samsung Galaxy device warranty. Also, sometimes rooting might get your device bricked and if that happens, don’t held me responsible or liable. Proceed at your OWN conscience.
1) Before proceeding with the rooting procedure, it is essential to take complete backup of personal data in your smartphone using appropriate apps. You can use Samsung Kies for this purpose and take backups.
2) Once done, make sure that your smartphone has at least 70% or more battery backup as the rooting procedure is a battery consuming process. If you have low battery backup and if your device gets switched off during the rooting procedure, then the chances of getting bricked are high.
3) Next, download Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge USB drivers and install it in your computer. By doing so, you will be able to connect your smartphone with the PC successfully.
4) Now enable USB debugging mode in your smartphone. If you are not sure how to do it, follow our guide to enable USB debugging.
5) Disable or deactivate antivirus programs in your computer as they tend of interrupt with the rooting procedure.
After finishing these prerequisites, you can move forward with the main rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925T:
1) To get started, make sure that your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge device’s model number is SM-G925T. If not, please don’t proceed with this procedure as it will result in a bricked device.
3) Now, switch off your smartphone. Once done, boot your device into the download mode by pressing the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons simultaneously for few seconds.
4) Once your device is in Download mode, connect it to your PC with the help of original USB data cable. If you have installed the Samsung USB drivers properly, then the connect between your smartphone and the computer will be successful.
5) Now, run Odin program in your computer. Once done, click on PDA option and choose the .tar file in your desktop. Once done, click on the “Start” button to begin the flashing process that will approximately last for 1 minute.
6) Once the flashing is over, you will see a PASS message in Odin and your device will reboot automatically. Once you see the Home screen of your device, you can disconnect your smartphone from the computer.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925T Android smartphone. For confirmation, look for the SuperSU app in your Apps menu. If it is located there, then the rooting process is successful. Alternatively, you can use the root checker app from Google Play store to confirm your device’s root privileges.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting procedure, do let me know via comments.