Walton Primo G3 is a decent quality Android smartphone, which comes with a 4.5 inch TFT touchscreen display powered by a Cortex A7 1.2 GHz quad-core processor alongside a 512 MB RAM. The 5 mega pixel auto focus camera comes with this device is good enough to take some decent pictures, and this device runs on Android 4.2 Jelly bean operating system.
If you have purchased this device and looking for a way to improve its performance, then you should consider rooting your device as by gaining root privileges, you will be able to install custom ROM firmware, custom Android applications, etc. If you are not sure how to do it, then you are in the right place. Here, I have given step by step tutorial to root Walton Primo G3 smartphone without using a PC or Laptop.
WARNING: Rooting your android smartphone will void its warranty. Also, sometimes rooting might damage your device. So, if any of those happens don’t held me or Android Root Guides responsible. Proceed at your OWN risk.
1) The rooting procedure given here is not a data-loss process, but it won’t hurt to have a backup of personal data’s. So, take backup using appropriate apps before starting the procedure.
2) Enable Installation of apps from Unknown sources in your smartphone by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Unknown Sources.
3) Next, deactivate or uninstall antivirus applications in your smartphone as they tend to interrupt with the rooting procedure.
4) Enable USB Debugging mode in your smartphone by following the path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB debugging.
5) Download Walton Primo G3 USB drivers and install it in your computer, so that you can connect your device with the computer successfully.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward to the rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Walton Primo G3 Without Computer:
1) To get started, download Framaroot apk to your smartphone. Once done, install the app in your device by tapping on the .apk file. While doing so, you might get some warning messages. Just ignore them and finish with the installation of the app.
2) Now, open Framaroot in your device and select “Install Superuser” in the first drop-down box. Next, under exploits select “Boromir” and click on it to start the rooting process.
3) Once the rooting procedure is over, you will get a message stating that Superuser has been installed, and SuperSU binary has been updated. Now, reboot your smartphone to finish the rooting process.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Walton Primo G3 Android smartphone. To confirm your device’s root privileges, you can use the Root Checker app from Google Play store.
Now, let’s find out how to install CWM recovery in your device so that you can install custom ROM firmware’s, etc.
Tutorial To Install CWM Recovery In Walton Primo G3:
1) To get started, download MTK Droid Root and Tools and save it in your computer. Once done, open the program in your Windows computer.
2) Next, connect your smartphone to the computer with the help of original USB data cable.
3) Now, in the MTK Droid Root and Tools window, click on “root, backup, recovery” tab and select “To use boot from phone“. Once done, click on “Recovery and boot“.
4) Next, click “yes” for the following two pop-up windows and you will have CWM recovery installed successfully in your device.
That’s it. Now you have finished installing CWM recovery in your smartphone.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting and CWM recovery installation tutorial, do let me know via comments.