The Moto E 2015 is another low-price Android smartphone released in February 2015. It features a 4.5″ 540 x 960 IPS LCD display with a 245 ppi pixel density. It is powered by a 2.1GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor. It comes with 1GB of RAM and 8GB internal storage, with a 32 GB if expandable memory. Other features include a 5MP rear shooter with 720p video recording, VGA front-facing camera and a 2390mAh battery.
The phone has good features according to its price. But, if you are a tech savvy and want to add some new features to your phone, then you’ll have to root your device. I am giving the easiest and one click method for rooting your Moto E 2015, and it is Moto E Toolkit. This toolkit will help you to unlock the bootloader of your device and root it. It will also install a custom recovery on your Moto E. To know more about rooting and its benefits, read this article.
Disclaimer: Once you root your device, the warranty of the device will be void. Rooting is a risky process and if something goes wrong during the process, you may end up with a bricked device. Neither I nor the developer will be responsible for any kind of damage to your device. This procedure is for Moto E 2015 only and strictly do not try this on other phones.
- Generally, rooting your device do not wipes data from your phone. But to be on safe side, get a backup of your important data like contacts, APNs, etc.
- If your bootloader is unlocked then its good, but if not, then first unlock the bootloader of the device. You can unlock it with the help of this tool. I have given steps to unlock bootloader below.
- Next, you have to enable USB Debugging in your smartphone by visiting Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging (tick on the box) to enable it. Also select OEM Unlock.
- Make sure that battery backup of your Moto E smartphone is above 70% or more to carry out the following process.
- Ensure that you have USB Drivers of your smartphone is installed on your computer.
How To Unlock Bootloader:
- Connect your device to your computer via USB cable and open the toolkit application.
- Click on Check Device button and your device should be listed. If it not listed, then install USB drivers of your phone from the toolkit.
- Click on Generate String button.
- This will reboot your device to Fastboot Mode and a website will be open.
- Log into the site.
- Copy string from the toolkit and paste it to the website and click ‘Can my device be unlocked?‘
- If it says yes, a ‘Request Unlock Key‘ button will appear at the bottom of the page. Select I Agree and click on Request Unlock Key.
- Copy the Unlock Key from your mail and paste it into Application.
- Now, click on Unlock to unlock the bootloader of your Moto E 2015.
How To Root Moto E 2015:
- Once you have unlocked the bootloader of your deice, it’s just a matter of 5 minutes to root your device.
- Connect your device to the computer via USB cable and open the toolkit application.
- Once your device is listed in the application, click on Recovery button.
- Wait for a couple of minutes, your device will be rooted with a custom recovery installed on it.
That’s it. Now you have successfully rooted your Moto E 2015 Android smartphone. If you encounter any problem during this procedure, feel free to ask here in comments. Further guides on How To Install Custom ROMs on Moto E 2015 will be unloaded soon. Be in touch!