In my previous guides “How To Update Micromax Unite 2 A106 With Android 5.0 Lollipop Based Android L ROM” and “Update Micromax Unite 2 A106 With Android 5.0 Lollipop“, I have given tutorial to update your Micromax Unite 2 A106 smartphones with Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system.
If you have encountered any issues while following those tutorials and got your device bricked, or if you are not happy with Android L ROM, or if a function of your device is not working, or if you are not happy with Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system, then don’t worry. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to Flash Stock ROM Firmware (Android Kitkat operating system) on Micromax Unite 2 Android smartphone.
CAUTION: If anything wrong occurs to your smartphone by following this tutorial, don’t held me or Android Root Guides team responsible. Proceed at your OWN risk.
1) Before getting started, make sure that your smartphone has at least 50% or more battery backup in it. If not, charge your device up to 50% battery level and then get started with the procedure.
2) Next, download Micromax Unite 2 USB drivers and install it in your computer. Only by installing the USB drivers, you will be able to connect your smartphone to the computer successfully.
3) Ensure that you have deactivated or uninstalled the Antivirus programs in your computer, as they have a habit of interrupting the firmware installation procedure.
Once you have done these prerequisites, you can move forward to the Stock ROM flashing tutorial I have given below.
Tutorial To Flash Stock ROM Firmware On Micromax Unite 2 A106:
1) To get started, download stock ROM of Micromax Unite 2 smartphone based on your device’s model:
2) Once done, extract the Stock ROM package and save the extracted files in a folder in your PC. Next, Download SP Flash Tool, install it in your computer and open its Window.
3) In the SP Flash Tool window, click on “Scatter-loading” and load the scatter.txt file located in the extracted ROM files (Step 2). Once done, you will lot of options below. Select files from the extracted folder for each one of those options. For USRDATA and CACHE options, choose secro.img.
4) Now, select “Firmware Upgrade” from the drop-down menu in SP Flash Tool. Once done, switch off your smartphone by removing its battery. After a while, reinsert it in your device but don’t switch it on.
5) Next, click on the “Download” option in SP Flash Tool and connect your Micromax Unite 2 to the computer using the original USB data cable. This will start the flashing process, and it will take 3-4 minutes to get completed. Once it is over, you will see a success message in SP Flash Tool.
6) Now, remove your device from the computer and boot it into the recovery mode by pressing the Volume Plus, Volume Minus, and Power Buttons simultaneously for few seconds.
7) Once in recovery mode, select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option and delete all the user data. Once done, reboot your device normally.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished installing Stock ROM firmware on Micromax Unite 2 A106 Android smartphone. If you encounter any challenges while following this tutorial, do let me know via comments.