OnePlus One is one of the best Android smartphones released in the year 2014, and it continues to dominate the smartphone market with its high-end configuration and smarter pricing. Recently OnePlus has released the Oxygen OS (which is based on Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system) for all the OnePlus One devices.
You can get it via automatic update in the next few months but if you don’t wait that long, then you are in the right page. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to install Oxygen OS in OnePlus One Android smartphone. Follow the instructions carefully and enjoy the Oxygen OS ROM features today.
WARNING: Although rooting or installing custom ROM in your OnePlus One smartphone won’t void the warranty of your device, getting your device damaged by improper installation of custom ROM is not covered under the warranty. So, please proceed with these instructions only if you are pretty experienced in installing custom ROMs in Android smartphones.
1) Before getting started with the installation of Oxygen OS, make sure that you have taken a complete backup of all the data in your smartphone using appropriate apps as Oxygen OS installation process will wipe out all your smartphone data. After installing the Oxygen OS, you can recover the data by using this backup.
2) Make sure that you have downloaded OnePlus One USB driver and installed in your computer so that you can connect your device with the smartphone successfully.
3) Next, make sure that you have rooted your OnePlus One smartphone and installed TWRP recovery in it. If you are not sure how to do these, then follow this guide: How To Root OnePlus One And Install TWRP Recovery.
4) Ensure that your device has a good battery backup in it as the Oxygen OS installation is a battery consuming process.
Once you have done these prerequisites, you can move forward with the main installation tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Install Oxygen OS In OnePlus One:
1) To get started, download Oxygen OS to your computer. Once done, extract the Oxygen OS zip package “oxygenos_1.0.0.zip” and save the extracted files in a folder. Now make sure that you have “oxygenos_1.0.0.flashable.zip” in the extracted folder.
2) Next, connect your smartphone to the computer with the help of original USB data cable. Once done, transfer the Flashable Zip file (Step 1) to your device’s SD card. Now, disconnect your smartphone from the computer.
3) Now, switch off your smartphone and boot it into the TWRP recovery mode by pressing the Power Button and Volume Down button simultaneously.
4) Once you boot into the recovery mode, do a “Factory Reset” (this is the reason I have told you to take backup of your data in the prerequisites). Once done, come back to the main recovery screen and choose “Install” and select the oxygenos_1.0.0.flashable.zip file. This will start the installation of Oxygen OS in your smartphone.
5) Once the installation is over, reboot your smartphone.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished installing Oxygen OS in your OnePlus One smartphone and enjoy the Oxygen OS features.
If you encounter any issues while following this installation tutorial, do let me know via comments. I will get back to you with a solution as soon as possible.