Asus Zenfone 5 is a good quality Android smartphone which was released on January, 2015 into the smartphone market. The device comes with a 5 inch IPS based touchscreen display, which is powered by a 2 GHz dual-core processor along with a 2 GB RAM and it runs on Android 4.3 Jellybean operating system which is upgradable upto Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system. If you are looking for a good smartphone under 10000 INR, this device will be ideal fit for you.
If you own this smartphone and looking for a way to gain root privileges, so that you can upgrade your Android version to Android L, or if you would like to install custom-built Android apps which only supports rooted devices, or if you would want to remove the pre-installed applications in your smartphone, you are in the right place. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to root Asus Zenfone 5 Android smartphone.
WARNING: Rooting your Asus smartphone will void its warranty. Also, sometimes rooting might get your device into some sort of troubles and if anything like that occurs, do not held me liable or responsible. Please proceed at your OWN wish.
1) The rooting procedure given here is not a data loss process, but it is safe to have a backup of your smartphone’s personal data. So, take it using appropriate apps.
2) Next, download Intel USB Drivers for Asus Zenfone 5 and install it in your computer. Only by installing USB drivers, you will be able to connect your smartphone with the computer.
3) Ensure that you have enabled USB Debugging mode in your Asus smartphone by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging (tap on the box next to it to enable this option). If you can’t see Developer options in your device settings, then go to About Phone section and tap on the build number for 5-7 times to enable Developer options.
4) Make sure that your smartphone has at least 50-60% battery backup in it as the rooting process is a power consuming one.
Once you have done all these prerequisites, you can move forward to the main rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Asus Zenfone 5:
1) To get started, download Asus Zenfone 5 rooting kit to your computer. Once done, extract the files and save it in a folder in your computer.
2) Now, connect your Asus smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable. If you have installed the Intel USB drivers already, then the connection between the smartphone and the computer will be successful.
3) Next, go to the folder where you have extracted the rooting kit and double-click on the Root-Zenfone5.bat file based on your device model to start the rooting procedure. During the rooting procedure, your device will redirect for 5-6 times.
4) Once the rooting process is over, you will get the following message “All Done, Enjoy your rooted Zenfone 5“. Now, you can disconnect your smartphone from the computer.
That’s it. Now, you have successfully finished rooting Asus Zenfone 5. For confirmation, visit your Apps Drawer and look for SuperSU app. If it is there, then the rooting process is successfully finished. Alternatively, you can check the root privileges of your smartphone by using the Root Checker App from Google Play store.
Tutorial To Unroot Asus Zenfone 5:
1) If you would like to unroot your rooted Asus Zenfone 5 smartphone, go the folder where you have extracted the rooting kit files and click on the UnRoot-Zenfone5.bat file based on your device model.
2) During the unrooting process, your device will reboot for several times. So, don’t panic.
If you encounter any issues while rooting and unrooting Asus Zenfone 5 smartphone, let me know by dropping a comment below.