Gionee Elife E6 is a decent quality Android smartphone that comes with a 5 inch IPS LCD touchscreen display powered by 1.5 GHz quad-core processor along with a 2 GB RAM and it runs on Android 4.2 Jellybean operating system. The device has a 13 mega pixel camera for taking high-quality pictures and videos, and a 2000 mAh battery for long talk-time hours.
If you own this smartphone and looking for a way to get root privileges, so that you can install custom ROM firmware’s of your choice, or to install Android applications which only supports rooted devices, or to remove the unwanted applications that come pre-installed in the device, then you are in the right page. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to root Gionee Elife E6 without using a computer.
WARNING: Rooting your Gionee smartphone will void its warranty. Also, sometimes rooting your smartphone might get it bricked and if that happens, don’t held me liable. Proceed at your OWN risk.
1) The rooting procedure, which I have given below is not a data-loss process. So, there is absolutely no need to take backup of your smartphone’s data.
2) Next, enable Installation From Unknown sources in your smartphone by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Device Administration -> Unknown sources (tick the box to enable it). Only by enabling this option, you will be able to install the application, which helps to root your device.
3) Make sure that your smartphone has at least 50-60% battery backup in it, as the rooting procedure is a battery consuming process.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward to the main rooting tutorial that I have given below.
Tutorial To Root Gionee Elife E6 Without PC/Laptop:
1) To get started, download Framaroot application in your device and install it. While installing, you will be prompted with few warning messages. Just ignore them and install the application in your smartphone.
2) Once done, open up the application in your smartphone. Now, in the Framaroot app screen choose “Install SuperSU” under “Select an action to execute after root“.
3) Next, click on “Barahir” under the list of exploits to begin the rooting process, which will take a minute or two to get completed.
4) Once the rooting process is over, you will get the following message: Success. Superuser and SU binary installed. You have to reboot your device. Just click “Ok” and reboot your smartphone.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Gionee Elife E6 Android smartphone without using a computer. For confirmation, visit your apps menu and look for the SuperSU app. If it is located there, then you have successfully rooted your device. Alternatively, you can use the Root Checker application from Google Play store to confirm your device’s root privileges.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, do let me know by dropping a comment below.