InFocus M2 is a good quality Android smartphone, released by the American smartphone manufacturers “InFocus” on March 2015. The device is an instant hit in the smartphone market, because of its low price with good configurations. Some of the key specifications of the device are: 4.2 Inch Touchscreen display, 1.3 GHz processor, 1 GB RAM, 8-megapixel front and rear view camera with Flash, 2010 mAh batter, 8 GB internal storage and the device runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system.
If you have purchased this smartphone and looking for a way to root this device, so that you can remove the pre-installed applications or to install custom ROM firmware’s which are running on newer Android versions or to install applications which only supports rooted devices, then you are in the right web space. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to Root InFocus M2 along with instructions to install custom recovery in it.
WARNING: Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty. Also, if you don’t follow the instructions given here carefully, you might get your device bricked and if that happens, don’t held me or Android Root Guides responsible. Please proceed with CAUTION.
1) The rooting procedure which I have given here is not a data-loss process. But, it is safe to take a complete backup of personal data in your smartphone so that you can be on the safer side.
2) Next, you have to enable USB debugging mode by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging. If you haven’t enabled Developer options before, then follow this path to enable it: Settings -> About Phone (tap on the build number for 5-7 times to enable Developer options).
3) Next, download InFocus USB drivers and install it in your computer, so that you can successfully connect InFocus M2 smartphone with the PC.
4) Ensure that your smartphone has a decent battery backup in it before getting started with the rooting procedure. Also, make sure that you have deactivated or uninstalled Antivirus programs in your computer, as they tend to interrupt the rooting process.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root InFocus M2:
1) To get started, download iRoot software and install it in your computer. Once done, open up iRoot Window.
2) Now, connect your smartphone to the computer with the help of original USB data cable. If you have installed the InFocus USB drivers properly, your smartphone will connect successfully with the computer, and you will see a “Connected” message in the iRoot window.
3) Next, click on the “Root” button in iRoot to begin the rooting process, which might take several minutes to get completed.
4) Once the rooting procedure is over, your smartphone will get rebooted automatically, and you will see a success message in the iRoot window. Now, unplug your smartphone from the computer.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting InFocus M2 Android smartphone. If you want to confirm the root privileges in your device, then use the Root Checker application from Google Play store.
Tutorial To Install Custom Recovery In InFocus M2:
1) To get started, download InFocus M2 custom recovery and save it in your computer. Once done, extract the download file and save its content in your desktop.
2) Next, download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot in your computer. Make sure that you have installed the Minimal ADB and Fastboot in your computer’s main partition.
3) Now, click on the Minimal ADB and Fastboot shortcut in your desktop to open up its Command Window. Once done, connect your smartphone to the computer using Original USB data cable.
4) Next, enter the following command in the command window to reboot your device into the Fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
5) Now, enter the following command to flash the custom recovery:
fastboot flash recovery ClockWorkMod-recovery-Infocus-M2.img
If you would just want to boot your device into the custom recovery mode, then enter the following command:
fastboot boot recovery ClockWorkMod-recovery-Infocus-M2.img
6) Once the flashing process is over, enter the following command to reboot:
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished installing custom Recovery in your InFocus M2 Android smartphone.
If you encounter any issues while following the rooting and custom recovery installation tutorials, do let me know by dropping a comment below.