Micromax A114 Canvas 2.2 is a mid-range Android smartphone released by the Indian mobile manufacturer, Micromax. The device comes with a Cortex A7 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, which along with the help of 1 GB RAM is powering a 5 inch IPS LCD touchscreen display. The Micromax Canvas 2.2 runs on Android 4.2 Jelly bean operating system. If you are looking for a decent Android phone within 10000 INR, then this device will be the ideal choice.
If you own this Micromax smartphone and want to get the best performance out of it, then you should root it. By rooting you will be able to install custom ROM firmware’s, custom Android applications which only supports rooted devices, uninstall bloat ware’s which comes pre-installed in your device and do a lot other things. But, if you are not sure about how to root your device, then don’t worry. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to Root Micromax A114 Canvas 2.2 and Install CWM Recovery in it.
WARNING: Rooting your Micromax smartphone will void its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it. Also, rooting your smartphone sometimes will get it bricked and if that happens, you should not held me or Android Root Guides Team responsible. Proceed with CAUTION.
1) The rooting procedure, which I have given here is not a data-loss process. So, there is no need to take backup of personal data in your smartphone before rooting. But, if you still want to be on the safer side, take backup of your smartphone’s data using appropriate apps.
2) Next, enable USB debugging mode in your smartphone. For that, first enable Developer options by following this path: Settings -> About Phone (tap on the build number for seven times to enable Developer options). Once done, follow this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging and enable this mode.
3) Download Micromax USB Drivers for your device’s model number and install it in your computer, so that you can connect your smartphone with the PC successfully.
4) Ensure that your device has a decent battery backup in it before getting started with the rooting procedure. Also, make sure that you have uninstalled or deactivated antivirus applications in your computer before proceeding with the tutorial.
Once you have done all the basic tasks, you can move forward to the main rooting procedure given below.
Tutorial To Root Micromax A114 Canvas 2.2 Android Smartphone:
1) To get started, download iRoot Rooting software and install it in your computer. Once done, open up its window in your computer.
2) Now, connect your smartphone to the computer with the help of original USB data cable. If you have installed the USB drivers of your smartphone properly, then the connection between your smartphone and the computer will be successful.
3) Next in the iRoot window, tick the box next to “User Agreement” and click on “Connect device“. iRoot will take a minute or two to connect your device, and once it is done, you will be able to see your device’s model number in its window. Now, click on the “Root” button in iRoot to start the rooting process.
4) Once the rooting process is finished, your device will get automatically rebooted. Now, you can unplug your smartphone from the computer.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Micromax A114 smartphone. For confirmation, open up your Apps menu and look for “SuperSU” app. If it’s there, then you have rooted your device successfully. Also, you can confirm the rooting process by using the “Root Checker” app from Google Play store.
Now, let’s find out how to install CWM recovery in Micromax A114 smartphone.
Tutorial To Install CWM Recovery On Micromax A114 Canvas 2.2:
1) To get started, download Micromax A114 CWM recovery.img and save it in your computer. Once done, connect your smartphone to the computer and transfer the recovery.img to the device’s SD card.
2) Next, disconnect your smartphone from the computer. Once done, go to Google Play store, download Mobileuncle MTK Tools and install it in your smartphone.
3) Once installed, open up the application and it will ask for root access. Click “Ok” to grant it.
4) Next, open up “Recovery Update” in the app and select “Download Recovery” option to download the recovery.img from the SD card. Once done, click on “Reboot“.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished installing CWM recovery in Micromax A114 Canvas 2.2 Android phone.
If you encounter any issues while following the rooting and CWM recovery installation tutorial, do let me know via comments.