Micromax Bolt A36 is a low-budget Android smartphone released by the Indian smartphone manufacturers, Micromax. The device comes with a 4 inch TFT touchscreen display which is powered by a 1 GHz processor alongside a 256 MB RAM, and it runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system. The device has been released in the Indian market for getting the attention of people, who were looking for cheap Android smartphones.
If you have purchased this smartphone and looking for a way to upgrade your Android version, or looking for a way to install custom ROM firmware that is using higher Android version, or looking for a way to improve its performance, then you should root your device. If you are not sure how to root your device, then follow the tutorial given below to root Micromax Bolt A36.
WARNING: Rooting your Micromax device will void its warranty. Also, while rooting there is a chance that your device might get bricked and if that occurs, do not held me liable or responsible. Proceed at your own wish.
1) The rooting tutorial I have given below is not a data-loss process, but if you would like to feel safe, then take backup of your smartphone data using appropriate apps.
2) Ensure that you have downloaded Micromax USB drivers based on your smartphone and installed it in your computer so that you can connect your device with the PC successfully.
3) Make sure that you have enabled USB debugging mode in your smartphone. If you are not sure about how to enable this option, then follow our guide to enabling USB debugging.
4) Next, make sure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup left in it as the rooting process is a battery consuming one. Also, make sure that you have deactivated antivirus programs in your computer so that they won’t interrupt with the rooting procedure.
Once you have finished these prerequisites, you can move forward to the main rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Micromax Bolt A36 Android Device:
1) To get started, download iRoot rooting software and install it in your computer. Once installed, open up the iRoot Window in the computer.
2) Next, connect your smartphone to the computer with the help of USB data cable. If you have installed your device’s drivers in your computer properly, then the connection between smartphone and computer will be successful.
3) Now in the iRoot window, click on the “Connect device” and wait for the program to connect with your device. Once it is connected, you will see your device’s model number shown there. Also, you will see the “Root” button. Just click on it to begin the rooting process.
4) Once the rooting process is over, your Micromax smartphone will get rebooted automatically. Now, you can disconnect your smartphone from the computer.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Micromax Bolt A36 Android smartphone. For confirmation, open up your Apps Menu and look for “SuperSU” app. If it is located there, then your device is successfully rooted. Alternatively, you can use the Root Checker application from Google Play store for confirming your device’s root privileges.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting procedure, do let me know via comments.