Micromax Canvas 2 Colours A120 is a good quality Android smartphone released by Micromax in May 2014. At a budget price of 8500 INR, the device comes with 5 inch IPS LCD touchscreen display powered by a 1.3 GHz processor along with a 1 GB RAM and the device runs on Android 4.2 Jellybean operating system. Available at a budget price of 7200 INR, this is the best Android smartphone you can get under 10000 INR in India.
If you own this smartphone and if you are not happy with its performance, then you should consider rooting your device. By rooting, you will be able to install custom ROM firmware of your choice, custom-built Android applications, remove pre-installed applications, etc. If you are not aware of the procedure for rooting your smartphone, then don’t worry. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to root Micromax Canvas 2 Colours A120 without using a computer.
WARNING: Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty. Also, while rooting there is a chance that your device might get bricked and if that happens, you should not held us responsible. Proceed at your OWN risk.
1) The rooting procedure I have given here is not a data-loss process, so there is absolutely no need to take backup of data in your smartphone.
2) Make sure that you have enabled “Installation from Unknown Sources” in your smartphone by following the path: Settings -> Security -> Unknown sources (tick the box next to it to enable app installation from sources other than Google Play store).
3) Ensure that your smartphone has a decent battery backup of 40-50% in it, as the rooting process is a time-consuming one.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the rooting procedure given below.
Tutorial To Root Micromax Canvas 2 Colours A120 Without PC/Laptop:
1) To get started, download Framaroot application to your smartphone. Once done, double tap on the downloaded .apk file to install the application. You may get some warning messages while you try to install this app. Just ignore them and install Framaroot in your device.
2) Next, open up the Framaroot application in your smartphone. Now, choose “Install SuperSU” under “Select an action to execute after root”. Once done, choose any of the three exploits (Boromir, Faramir or Barahir) under the list of exploits to begin the rooting procedure.
3) Once the rooting process is over, you will get a success message starting that the Superuser and SU binary has been installed. Now, reboot your smartphone to finish the process.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Micromax Canvas 2 Colours smartphone without using a computer. For confirmation, visit your apps menu and look for the “SuperSU” app. If it is available in there, then the rooting procedure is successfully completed. Alternatively, you can use the Root Checker app to confirm the root privileges of your smartphone.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, do let me know by dropping a comment below.