Samsung Galaxy E5 is a good quality Android smartphone released by Samsung Mobiles in January 2015. This device comes with a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, which along with a 1.5 GB RAM is powering 5 inch super AMOLED touchscreen display. Running on Android 4.4.4 KitKat operating system, the device has a power 8 mega pixel primary camera and 5 mega pixel rear view camera.
If you own this Samsung smartphone and looking for a way to root it, so that you can install custom ROM firmware’s of your choice, or install custom Android applications, or remove pre-installed applications, then you are in the right place. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to root Samsung Galaxy E5 with the help of CF Auto Root.
WARNING: Rooting your Samsung smartphone will void its warranty. Also, sometimes rooting may result in a bricked device and if that happens, don’t held AndroidRootGuides responsible. Please, proceed at your OWN wish.
1) Before getting started with the rooting procedure, it is very important to take backup of personal data in your smartphone using appropriate apps. If anything wrong occurs during the rooting procedure and your device data gets lost, we can use this backup to restore it.
2) Download Samsung Galaxy E5 USB drivers and install it in your computer, so that you can connect your smartphone with the computer successfully.
3) Enable USB Debugging mode in your Samsung smartphone. If you don’t know how to do it, then follow our guide to enabling USB Debugging.
4) Ensure that your Android device has a minimum of 50% battery backup in it before getting started with the rooting procedure.
5) Deactivate or uninstall antivirus applications in your computer, as they have a habit of disrupting the rooting procedure.
After finishing these prerequisites, you can move forward to the main rooting tutorial that I have given below.
Tutorial To Root Samsung Galaxy E5 Android Phone:
1) To get started, download CF Auto Root Rooting kit based on your Samsung Galaxy E5 model given below:
2) Once done, extract the rooting kit and save the extracted files in a folder in your computer. Next, download Odin and install it in your computer.
3) Now, open the Odin Window. Next, switch off your Samsung smartphone and boot it into the Download mode by pressing the Volume Down, Power And Home Buttons simultaneously for few seconds. Once your device boots into the Download mode, connect it to the computer with the help of original USB data cable.
4) You will notice an “Added” message in the Odin window if the device gets to connect with the computer successfully. If not, disconnect the device from the computer, reinstall USB drivers and then reconnect the device.
5) Next, click on the PDA button in Odin and choose the .tar.md5 file from the extracted files of the rooting kit. Once done, check the boxes next to F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot in the Odin Window. Once you have done that, click the “Start” button to begin the flashing process.
6) The flashing process will get completed within 2-3 minutes, and once it is done, you will see a PASS message in the Odin window. Also, your device will get rebooted automatically. Once you see your Samsung smartphone’s log on-screen, you can unplug the device from the computer.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Samsung Galaxy E5 Android smartphone with the help of CF Auto Root. If you want to confirm the root privileges of your Android device, use the Root Checker app (which you can install from Google Play store).
If you encounter any issues or if you have any queries regarding the rooting procedure given here, drop a comment below. I will get back to you ASAP.