Samsung Galaxy E7 is a good quality Android smartphone released on January 2015 by Samsung Mobiles. The device is having a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, which along with a 2 GB RAM powering a 5.5 inch Super AMOLED touchscreen display. This device runs on Android 4.4.4 KitKat operating system. Like other high-end devices, this smartphone also comes with a 13 mega pixel rear view camera for taking snaps and videos.
If you have purchased this smartphone and looking for a way to root this device, so that you can remove the unwanted pre-installed applications or to install custom ROM firmware’s or to install Android applications which only supports rooted devices, well then you are in the right page. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to Root Samsung Galaxy E7 smartphone using CF Auto Root.
WARNING: Rooting your Samsung smartphone will obviously void its warranty. Also, there is a chance that your device may get bricked while following the rooting procedure and if that happens, do not held me responsible. Please proceed at your OWN wish.
1) Although the rooting procedure I have given here is not a data-loss process, it is safe to have a backup of personal data’s in your smartphone using either Samsung Kies or some other backup applications. So, take a backup and store it in your computer. If your device loses data during the rooting procedure, we can use the backup to restore the data.
2) Ensure that you have installed Samsung Galaxy E7 USB drivers in your computer so that you can connect your smartphone with the computer successfully.
3) Next, enable USB debugging mode in your smartphone. To do that, first enable Developer options by following: Settings -> About Phone (tap on the build number for several times until you get the Developer options enabled message). Once done, follow this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB debugging mode (tick the box next to it, to enable this mode).
4) Make sure that your smartphone has at least 60% or more battery backup in it, as the rooting procedure is a power-consuming process. Also, ensure that you have disabled or deactivated antivirus applications in your computer so that they won’t interrupt the rooting process.
Once you have done these basic tasks, you can move on to the next set of tutorials given below.
Tutorial To Root Samsung Galaxy E7 Android Phone:
1) To get started, download CF Auto Root Rooting kit from the list given below based on your device’s model number (you can get your device’s model number by visiting this path: Settings -> About Phone):
3) Next, switch off your smartphone. Once done, boot it into the “Download Mode” by holding and pressing the Home, Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously for few seconds. Once you have booted into the Download mode, connect your device to the computer using original USB data cable.
4) Now in the Odin window, click on the “PDA” button and select .tar.md5 file from the rooting kit extracted folder. Once done, tick the boxes next to Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time. Next, click on the “Start” button in Odin to begin the flashing process.
5) Once the flashing process is over, you will get a green PASS message in Odin. Also, your device will get rebooted and when you see your device’s home screen, unplug it from the computer.
That’s it. Now you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy E7 (all variants) smartphone using CF Auto Root. To confirm the root privileges of your smartphone use Root Checker app, which you get from the Google Play store. Also, if you face up any challenges while following this tutorial, do let me know via comments.