Gionee E7 Mini is a decent quality Android smartphone, which was released in the year 2014. The device comes with a 4.7 inch IGZO capacitive touchscreen display that is powered by a 1.7 GHz octa-core processor, and the device runs on Android 4.2.2 Jellybean Operating system. The 13 mega pixel primary camera available in this device is good enough to take high-quality pictures, and the 2200 mAh battery available in this device will give you long talk-time hours.
If you have purchased this smartphone and looking for a way to gain root privileges in this device, so that you can install custom-built Android applications or to install custom ROM firmware’s or to remove the unwanted pre-installed apps, then you are in the right website. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to root Gionee Elife E7 Android smartphone.
WARNING: Rooting your Gionee smartphone will void its warranty. Also, while rooting there is a chance that your device might get bricked and if that happens, don’t held me or AndroidRootGuide responsible. Please proceed with CAUTION.
1) The rooting procedure which I have given below is not a data-loss process. But, if you would still like to be on the safer side, you can take a complete backup of personal data in your smartphone using appropriate apps.
2) Next, enable “Installation from Unknown Sources” in your Gionee smartphone by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Device Administration -> Unknown sources (tick the box next to it, to enable this option).
3) Make sure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it as the rooting procedure usually consumes a lot of battery.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the main rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Gionee Elife E7 Mini:
1) To get started, download Framaroot app in your smartphone. Once downloaded, click on the .apk file to install the application in your device. While installing, you might get some warning messages. Just ignore them and install the application in your smartphone.
2) Once installed, tap on the Framaroot app to open up the application. Now, select “Install SuperSU” as the first option and once done, click on “Boromir” under the list of exploits to begin the rooting process.
3) It will take a minute or two to get completed. Once done, you will get the following message “Success. Superuser and SuperSU binary installed. You have to reboot your device“. Tap “ok” and reboot your smartphone.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Gionee Elife E7 Mini Android smartphone. To confirm whether you have successfully rooted your device, look for SuperSU app in your Apps menu. If it is there (it will be there for sure), then your device is successfully rooted. Alternatively, you can use the Root Checker app from Google Play store to check the root privileges of your smartphone.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting procedure, do let me know via comments.