Intex Aqua Y2 is a decent quality Android smartphone released by the Indian smartphone manufacturing company “Intex”. The device comes with a 4-inch touchscreen display that is powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, along with a 1 GB RAM and it runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system. If you have purchased this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, then you are in the right place. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to Root Intex Aqua Y2 by installing Calvik Touch Recovery (CWM recovery) in it.
By rooting your Intex device, you will be able to install Custom ROM firmware’s of your choice, or remove unwanted and pre-installed system applications, or install custom-built Android applications which only supports rooted devices, etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Intex smartphone will void it’s warranty. Also, while rooting there is a chance that your device might get bricked and if that happens don’t held me or Android Root Guide responsible. Please proceed at your OWN risk.
1) Before getting started with the rooting procedure, it is of utmost importance to take a complete backup of personal data in your smartphone so that if something goes wrong during the rooting process and if you lose your data, you can get it all back just by using the backup. So, take backup using appropriate apps.
2) Next, download Intex Aqua Y2 USB drivers in your computer, so that you can connect your smartphone with the computer successfully.
3) Make sure that you have enabled USB debugging mode in your smartphone by following this path: Settings -> Developer options -> USB debugging (tick the box next to it, to enable this option). If you can’t see the Developer options, then follow this guide to enable it.
4) Ensure that you have deactivated or uninstalled antivirus programs in your computer as they tend to interrupt the rooting process. Also, make sure that your device has a good batter backup as the rooting process is a battery-consuming task.
Once you finish all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the main tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Flash Custom Recovery (Calvik Touch Recovery) In Intex Aqua Y2:
1) To get started, download SP Flash Tool, MT6572_Android_scatter file, Tools And Drivers for Intex Aqua Y2 Zip package and recovery.img file to your computer. Once done, install SP Flash tool and open up its window in your computer. Also, unzip the Tools and Drivers zip package and save it in your computer.
2) Now, click on Scatter-loading file option in SP Flash Tool and select the MT6572_Android_scatter file. Once done, untick all the boxes and tick the box next to “RECOVERY“. Next, select the recovery.img file in it and click on “Download”.
3) Next, connect your device with the computer using the original USB data cable and click on “RUN.bat” in the “Tools And Drivers/adb/” folder to begin the flashing process.
4) Once the flashing process is over, you will have Calvik Touch Recovery installed in your device.
Now, let’s find out the tutorial for rooting Intex Aqua Y2.
Tutorial To Root Intex Aqua Y2 Android Smartphone:
1) To get started, download Super SU zip package and save it in your computer. Once done, connect your smartphone to the computer using original USB data cable and transfer the Super SU package to your device’s SD card.
2) Now, go to “Tools And Drivers/adb/” folder and click on “RUN2.bat” to get into the recovery mode. Once in recovery mode, select “Install Zip” option and select the Super SU package in your device’s SD Card to begin the flashing process.
3) Once the flashing process is over, reboot your device.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Intex Aqua Y2 Android smartphone. To confirm whether you have successfully rooted your device, open up your Apps Menu and look for the SuperSU app. If the rooting process is successful, you will have this app in your Apps Drawer. Alternatively, you can use the Root Checker app to confirm the root privileges of your smartphone.
If you encounter any issues while following the Calvik touch recovery installation procedure and the rooting procedure, do let me know via comments.