Lava Iris is one of the top rated Android smartphones in India, which is available at an affordable cost of 8000 INR. The device comes with a 5 inch IPS LCD touchscreen display, which is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor along with a 1 GB RAM and the device runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system. With it’s 2100 mAh battery and 8 mega pixel camera, the Lava Iris X5 smartphone provides good value for your money.
If you have purchased this smartphone and looking for a way to root the device, so that you can upgrade the Android version of your firmware by installing custom ROM firmware, or to install Applications which only supports rooted devices, you are in the right website. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to Root Lava Iris X5 Android smartphone.
WARNING: Rooting your Lava smartphone will void its warranty. Also, sometimes rooting might get your device soft bricked and if that happens, don’t held me responsible. Proceed with this rooting tutorial at your OWN risk.
1) Before getting started with the rooting procedure, it is important to take backup of personal data in your smartphone using appropriate apps so that if something happens wrong, you can use this backup to restore your device data.
2) Download Lava Iris X5 USB drivers and install it in your computer, so that you connect your smartphone with the computer successfully.
3) Next, you will have to enable USB debugging mode. For that, first you will have to enable Developer options by following this path: Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number (tap on it for 5-7 times to enable this option). Once done, follow this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging (tap on the box next to it and enable this option).
4) Make sure that you have disabled or deactivated antivirus applications in your smartphone, so that they won’t interrupt the rooting procedure. Also, ensure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it so that your device won’t get switched off in the middle of the rooting process.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the main rooting procedure given below.
Tutorial To Root Lava Iris X5 Android Smartphone:
1) To get started, download iRoot Rooting software and install it in your computer. After installing this program successfully, open up its window in your computer.
2) Next, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable. If you have installed the USB drivers successfully, the connection between the computer and the smartphone will be successful, and the iRoot program will identify your device as well.
3) Now in the iRoot window, click on the “Root” button to begin the rooting process. During the rooting procedure, your device might get restarted several times and if that happens, don’t panic.
4) Once the rooting process is over, you will get a success message in the iRoot window. Also, you will be able to see the SuperSU app in your Apps drawer.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Lava Iris X5 Android smartphone. To confirm the root privileges of your smartphone, you can use the Root Checker app from Google Play store. Also, if you encounter any errors or issues while following this rooting process, do let me know via comments.