Micromax A110Q Canvas 2 Plus is a good quality Android smartphone, released by the Indian smartphone manufactures “Micromax” on May, 2013. The device comes with a 5 inch IPS LCD touchscreen display, which is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor along with a 1 GB RAM and it runs on Android 4.2 Jellybean operating system. With 2000 mAh battery and 8 Mega pixel camera, this device has the features of top end Android smartphones.
If you own this Micromax smartphone and if you are looking for a way to gain root privileges, so that you can install custom ROM firmware’s of your choice, or install custom-built Android applications, or remove unwanted pre-installed apps in your devices, then you are in the right page. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to root Micromax A110Q Canvas 2 Plus without using a PC.
WARNING: Rooting your Micromax smartphone will void its warranty and you will have to unroot or flash stock ROM on your device to get it back. So, think about it before getting started with the rooting procedure.
1) Before getting started with the rooting procedure, make sure that you have enabled “Unknown sources” in your device by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Device Administration -> Unknown sources (tick the box next to it, to enable this option). Only by enabling this option, you will be able to install Framaroot app in your device, which is required for rooting procedure.
2) Next, make sure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it as the rooting procedure is a power consuming task and if your device gets switched off during the procedure, it will get bricked.
Once you have finished these prerequisites, you can move forward with the main rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Micromax A110 Canvas 2 Plus Android Device:
1) To get started, download Framaroot APK and save it in your computer. Once done, click on the .apk file and click on “Install” option to begin the installation process.
2) Now, you will get the following warning message “This app contains code that attempts to bypass Android security protections“. Just ignore it and install the app in your device.
3) Once the app is successfully installed, launch it in your device. Now, in the Framaroot app screen select “Install SuperSU” for “Select an action to execute after root“.
4) Next, click on “Boromir” rooting exploit to begin the rooting procedure. Once the rooting process gets completed, you will get the following message “Success. Superuser and SU binary installed. You have to reboot your device“. Now tap “Ok” and reboot your device.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Micromax A110Q Canvas 2 Plus Android smartphone. To confirm whether you have successfully rooted your device, install root checker app from Google Play store and check your device’s root privileges.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting procedure, do let me know via comments.