Xolo Q900 is a decent quality Android smartphone released by the Indian smartphone manufactures Xolo on October 2013. This device comes with a 4.7-inch touchscreen display powered by a 1.2 GHz processor along with 1 GB RAM and it runs on Android 4.2.2 Jellybean operating system. If you want to get better performance out of this device, then you should root it. If you don’t know how, then just follow the instructions given in this page to root Xolo Q900.
Just by rooting your Xolo Q900 smartphone, you will be able to flash custom ROM firmware’s, or flash custom recovery (CWM or TWRP), or install custom-built Android apps which only supports rooted devices, etc. Along with the rooting tutorial, I have also given a tutorial to install CWM recovery in Xolo Q900 in this page.
WARNING: Rooting your Xolo smartphone will void its warranty and if you would want to get it back, you will have to unroot your device. Also, sometimes rooting might get your device bricked and if that happens, don’t held me responsible. Proceed at your OWN wish.
1) The rooting procedure I have given in this page is not a data-loss process. But, if you would like to be safer side, take a complete backup of personal data in your smartphone using appropriate apps.
2) Next, install Xolo Q900 USB drivers in your computer, so that you can transfer data between your smartphone and computer successfully.
3) Make sure that you have enabled USB debugging mode in your smartphone by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging (tap on the box next to it, to enable this option). If you can’t see Developer options in your device Settings, then check out this guide to enable it.
4) Uninstall or deactivate antivirus applications in your computer, as they have a habit of interrupting the rooting process that will result in your device getting bricked. Also, make sure that your device has enough battery backup to withstand the rooting procedure.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the tutorials given below.
Tutorial To Root Xolo Q900 Without Computer:
1) To get started, download Framaroot .apk file in your device. Once download, tap on the app to install it. You might get some warning messages. Just ignore them and install the Framaroot app in your device.
2) Once installed, tap on the App icon to open it up. Now, choose “Install SuperSU” as the first option and click on “Barahir” under the list of exploits to begin the rooting process.
3) Once the rooting process is over, you will get a message stating that the Superuser and SU binary has been installed. It will also ask you to restart or reboot your device.
4) Just reboot your device to finish the rooting procedure.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Xolo Q900 Android smartphone without a computer. To confirm this process, open up your Apps menu and look for SuperSU app. If you see it there, then the rooting procedure is successful. Alternatively, you can check the root privileges of your smartphone by using the Root Checker app, which is available in Google Play store. Now, let’s find out the way to install CWM recovery in your device.
Tutorial To Install CWM Recovery In Xolo Q900:
1) To get started, download Xolo Q900 CWM recovery image to your computer. Once done, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable and transfer the downloaded recovery.img to your device’s SD card. After transferring the file, unplug your smartphone from the computer.
2) Now, go to Google Play store and install “Mobileuncle MTK Tools” app. Once the app is installed, open up its screen.
3) In Mobileuncle MTK Tools, click on Recovery update and choose the recovery.img in your SD card to begin the flashing process. Once the flashing process is over, reboot your device.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished installing CWM recovery in Xolo Q900.
If you encounter any issues while following these two tutorials (rooting tutorial and CWM recovery installation tutorial), drop a comment below. I will get back to you with a solution.