Xolo X910 is a decent quality Android smartphone, which comes with a 4.3 inch IPS LCD touchscreen display powered by a 1.6 GHz processor along with a 1 GB RAM and the device runs on Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system. If you own this device and want to upgrade your Android version, then you should root your device. If you not sure how, then don’t worry. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to root Xolo X910 smartphone.
By rooting your Xolo X910 smartphone, you will be able to install custom ROM firmware’s of your choice, or remove unwanted pre-installed applications that come with the device, or install custom-built Android applications which only supports rooted devices, etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Xolo smartphone will void its warranty. Also, there is a chance that your device might get bricked while you follow the instructions given here and if that happens, don’t held me responsible. Proceed at your OWN risk.
1) Before getting started with the rooting procedure, it is important to take backup of personal data in your smartphone using appropriate apps. You can use this backup to restore your data if your device gets crashed and your personal data gets lost.
2) Next, download Xolo X910 USB drivers and install it in your computer. By doing so, you will be able to connect your smartphone with the PC successfully.
3) Next, enable USB debugging mode in your smartphone by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB debugging (check the box next to it, to enable this option).
4) Make sure that you have disabled antivirus programs in your computer as they tend of disrupting the rooting procedure. Also, make sure that your device has at least 60-70% battery backup in it before getting started with the rooting procedure.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Install USB Drivers In Xolo X910:
Sometimes, even after installing the Xolo X910 USB drivers, your device might not show up under the list of ADB devices which means your device is not properly connected with your computer. Let’s find out how to resolve this issue.
1) To get started, download and install Intel 1.1.5 drivers in your computer. Once done, connect your device with the computer and go to “Device Manager“. Under the list of devices connected, you will see “Android Phone” with an exclamatory mark.
2) Now, right-click on “Android Phone” and click on “Properties“. Once done, go to the “Details” tab and under “Property” option, click on Hardware ID’s to see your VID and PID. Now, note them down in a text document.
3) Next, go to the folder where you have installed the Intel drivers and open the .ini file in there using any text editor. Once done, enter your device’s VID and PID in it and save the file.
4) Now, disconnect your smartphone and reconnect it with the computer again. Once done, go the “Device Manager” and see whether the exclamatory mark is gone next to Android Phone. If it shows up there, right-click on it and choose update. Once the update process is over, restart your computer as well as your smartphone.
5) After the restart, if your device shows up under the list of ADB devices, then your problem is resolved. But if it doesn’t show up there, then you will have to go to “C:\Users\user_name\.android” folder in your computer and create a “adb_usb.ini” file with your VID in hex format (0x followed by your VID) in it.
That’s it. Now, I am sure that you would have resolved your USB drivers issue. Let’s find out how you can gain root privileges in your smartphone.
Tutorial To Root Xolo X910 Android Smartphone:
1) To get started, download Cydia Impactor compressed package and save it in your computer. Once done, extract the package and save the extracted files in a folder in your computer.
2) Now, connect your smartphone with the computer using the original USB data cable.
3) Once done, go to the folder where you have saved the extracted files (Step 1) and click on “Impactor.exe” to open up its window.
4) Now, just click on the “Start” button in the Cydia Impactor window to begin the rooting process (the Cydia Impactor will push the SuperSU file to /system/xbin/ folder in your device).
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Xolo X910 Android smartphone. To confirm whether you have successfully rooted your device, use the Root Checker application from Google Play store. Also, if you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, do let me know via comments.