Lava Iris 455 is a low-budget Android smartphone, which comes with a 4.5-inch touchscreen display powered by a 1 GHz dual-core processor along with a 512 MB RAM and it runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system. If you are using this device and not satisfied with its performance, then you can root it. If you are not sure how to do it, then follow the procedure to root Lava Iris 455 given here.
Along with the rooting tutorial, I have also given a tutorial to install USB drivers in your computer for connecting Lava Iris 455 with your PC and another tutorial to install custom recovery using SP Flash Tools. By following these tutorials, you will be able to root your Android device successfully.
WARNING: Rooting your Lava Iris 455 smartphone will void its warranty. Also, if you don’t follow the tutorials given here carefully there is a chance that you might get your device bricked and if that happens, don’t held Android Root Guide responsible. Please proceed at your OWN risk.
1) Before getting started with the rooting procedure, it is important to take backup of personal data in your smartphone using appropriate apps. So take a backup first.
2) Next, enable USB Debugging mode in your smartphone by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging (tapping on this option will enable it). If you can’t see Developer Options under your device’s settings, follow this guide to enable Developer Options.
3) Ensure that your smartphone has 60-70% batter backup in it as the rooting process is a battery consuming one. Also, make sure that you have deactivated antivirus programs in your computer as they have a habit of disrupting the rooting procedure.
Once you have finished these prerequisites, it is time to move forward to the main tutorials that are given below.
Tutorial To Install Lava Iris 455 USB Driver In Your Computer:
Installing USB driver of Lava Iris 455 is not a straight forward task. And only by installing it, you will be able to connect your smartphone with the computer and root it. So, let’s find out the procedure to install Lava Iris 455 USB driver in the computer.
1) To get started, download Lava Iris 455 USB driver in your computer. Once done, extract the compressed package and click on install.bat to install the USB driver.
2) Next, open up “Device Manager” in your computer by visiting your “Control Panel“. Once done, switch off your smartphone by pulling out its battery.
3) Without inserting the battery, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable. Once you have done that, you will see “Preloader USB VCOM” showing up under “Ports (COM & LPT)“.
4) Now, right-click on it, choose “Update Driver Software” and then follow this path: “Browse My Computer For Driver Software” -> “Let me pick a list of device drivers on my computer” -> “Mobile Device” and select “MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM“.
That’s it. Now you have successfully installed the required USB driver in your computer for connecting your Lava smartphone. Let’s find out how to flash custom recovery in your Lava Iris 455.
Tutorial To Flash Custom Recovery In Lava Iris 455:
1) To get started, download SP Flash Tools and click on “Flash_tool.exe” executable file to launch up its window. Once done, download scatter file and CWM recovery (recovery.img) for Lava Iris 455 and save it in your computer.
2) Now, go to SP Flash Tools, click on “Scatter Loading” and choose the download Scatter file. Now, a list of options will open up in SP Flash Tools. Under that, click on RECOVERY and choose the downloaded recovery.img file from your computer.
3) Next, click the “Download” button in SP Flash Tools. Once done, switch off your smartphone and connect it with the computer using the USB data cable to begin the custom recovery flashing process.
4) Once the flashing process is over, you can disconnect your smartphone with the computer and reboot it normally.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished flashing CWM recovery in Lava Iris 455. Let’s find out how to root your Lava smartphone by booting it into the recovery mode.
Tutorial To Root Lava Iris 455:
2) Next, unplug your device from the computer. Once done, switch it off and boot it into the recovery mode by pressing the Volume Plus and Power Button simultaneously.
3) Once your device boots into recovery mode, click on “Install Zip from SD card” and choose the SuperUser file (Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip). Once it is installed, follow the same procedure to install SU binary file (su-bin-3.1.1-arm-signed.zip). Upon flashing both the files, you can restart your smartphone normally.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Lava Iris 455 Android device. You can confirm the rooting procedure by looking for the SuperSU app in your device. If it is located in your device, then the rooting process is successful. Alternatively, you can confirm the rooting procedure by using Root Checker app, which is available in Google Play store.
If you encounter any issues while following the USB driver installation tutorial, CWM recovery installation tutorial, or rooting tutorial of Lava Iris 455, drop in a comment below. I will get back to you with a solution.