Xolo A500 Club is a good quality Android smartphone, which comes with a 4 inch IPS LCD touchscreen display powered by a 1.3 GHz Cortex A7 based dual-core processor with the support of 512 MB RAM and the device runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system. If you have purchased this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, well you are in the right place. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to root Xolo A500 Club Smartphone.
Apart from the rooting tutorial, I have also given a tutorial to install CWM recovery in your device. By rooting your Xolo smartphone, you will get the ability to install custom ROM running on latest Android version, uninstall pre-installed Android applications and do a lot more things.
WARNING: Rooting your Xolo device will void its warranty. Also if you don’t follow the steps given here carefully, there is a chance that you might get your device bricked and if that happens, don’t blame Android Root Guides. Please proceed at your OWN risk.
1) Before getting started with the rooting procedure, it is always important to take backup of personal data in your smartphone. So, take a complete backup using the appropriate app.
2) Next, download Xolo A500 Club USB driver and install it in your computer so that you will be able to connect your device with the computer successfully.
3) Ensure that you have enabled USB debugging mode in your smartphone. To do that first enable Developer options by following this path: Settings -> About Phone and then tap on the build number for 5-7 times to enable USB debugging. Once done, enable USB debugging mode by following this path: Settings -> Developer options -> USB debugging.
4) Make sure that you have disabled antivirus programs in your computer as they tend to interrupt the rooting procedure. Also, make sure that your device has a good battery backup before getting started with the rooting process.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the main tutorials given below.
Tutorial To Install CWM Recovery In Xolo A500 Club:
1) To get started, download SP Flash Tools and extract the compressed package to a folder in your computer. Once done, download Xolo A500 Club CWM recovery image and Android scatter.txt file to your computer and save them in the same folder where you have extracted the SP Flash Tools.
2) Now, open SP Flash tools by clicking on the executable file. Once done, click on “Scatter-loading” and select the downloaded scatter.txt file. Since you have placed the recovery.img file in the same folder as of SP Flash tools, loading the scatter file will automatically load the recovery file to its desired location in SP Flash tools.
3) Next, click on the “Download” button in SP Flash tools. Once done, download SuperSU and save it in your computer. Now, connect your smartphone to the computer using original USB data cable and transfer the download SuperSU file to your device SD card. Once transferred, unplug your device from the computer and switch it off by removing its battery. Now, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original data cable.
4) Now, press the Volume Up button in your device until you see the flashing process get started. Once the flashing process is over, you will get a success message in a green circle. Once you see that message, you can unplug your smartphone.
That’s it. Now you have successfully flashed CWM recovery in Xolo A500 Club. Don’t switch on your device until you finish the rooting procedure given below.
Tutorial To Root Xolo A500 Club:
1) To get started, boot your device into CWM recovery mode by inserting the battery and then by pressing the Power and Volume Up simultaneously for few seconds.
2) Once you boot into CWM recovery mode, you will see that your device screen is inverted. Don’t worry about this at all. Just invert your device and proceed with the rooting procedure.
3) Now, select “Install Zip from SD Card” and choose the SuperSU file that you have saved in your device’s SD card to begin the flashing process. Once the flashing process gets finished, reboot your device normally.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Xolo A500 Club Android smartphone. To confirm the rooting process, go to your Apps Menu and look for the SuperSU app. If it is located there, then the rooting procedure is successfully finished. Alternatively, you can use the Root Checker app (available in Google Play store) to confirm the root privileges of your smartphone.
If you encounter any issues while following the rooting and CWM recovery installation tutorials, do let me know via comments.