Gionee Pioneer P2S is a decent quality Android smartphone, which comes with a 4-inch touchscreen display powered by a 1.3 GHz processor alongside a 512 MB RAM and it runs on Android 4.2 Jellybean operating system. If you are not satisfied with the performance of this device and if you would like to get better performance out of it, then you should root it. If you are not sure how, then don’t worry as I have given a step by step tutorial to Root Gionee Pioneer P2S without computer here.
By rooting your Gionee smartphone, you will be able to install Custom ROM firmware of your choice (which is running on latest Android versions), or install custom-built Android applications which only supports rooted devices, or remove unwanted pre-installed system applications, etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Gionee smartphone will void its warranty and you will not be able to get it back until you unroot your device. So think well about it before rooting your device.
1) The rooting procedure that I have given here is not a data-loss process although it won’t hurt to have a backup of personal data in your device. So, take a complete backup of personal data in your device using appropriate apps.
2) Make sure that you have enabled installation of apps from Unknown Sources by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Device Administration -> Unknown Sources (just tap on it to enable this option).
3) Ensure that your device has at least 50-60% battery in it before getting started with the rooting procedure. Also, ensure that you have deactivated any antivirus programs in your computer as they tend to interrupt the rooting procedure.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward to the main rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Gionee Pioneer P2S Without Laptop / PC:
1) To get started, go to iRoot App page from your website. Once you are in there, click on the green “Download” button to download the app to your device.
2) Once downloaded, tap on the .apk file to install it in your device. While doing so, you might get some warning messages. Just ignore them and finish installing the app in your smartphone.
3) Once installed, tap on the iRoot app in your device to open it up. Once done, uncheck the box next to Customer Experience Improvement program and then click on “I Agree“.
4) Now, iRoot will be checking for Root permissions in your device. It might take a minute or two for iRoot to finish checking your device.
5) Since your device isn’t rooted, you will get the “No Root Permission” message along with your Model device number. Just below that message, you will see a “Root Now” button. Just tap on it to begin the rooting process.
6) Once the rooting process begins, you will get the “Rooting Hard Now” message, and once it is over, you will get the “Root Succeeded” message.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Gionee Pioneer P2S Android smartphone without using a computer. To confirm the root privileges of your device, use the Root Checker app from Google Play store. Also, if you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, drop in a comment below.