Lenovo A328 is a decent quality Android smartphone that comes with a 4.5-inch capacitive touchscreen display that is powered by 1.3 GHz Cortex A7 based quad-core processor, along with a 1 GB RAM and it runs on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system. If you are not happy with the performance of this device, then you should consider gaining root privileges for this device. If you are not sure how to do it, then check out the tutorial to root Lenovo A328 given here.
By rooting your Lenovo smartphone, you will able to install custom recovery image (using which you will be able to install a large of custom-built applications which only supports rooted devices), or install custom ROM firmware’s which are using later Android version and do a lot more things.
WARNING: Rooting your Lenovo A328 smartphone will void its warranty. Also, there is a chance that your device might get bricked while you performing the rooting procedure and if that happens, don’t held me liable. Please proceed with CAUTION.
1) Before getting started with the rooting procedure, it is always important to take complete backup of personal data in your smartphone using appropriate apps so that even if you lose your data while rooting, you can recover it back using the backup.
2) Next, download Lenovo A328 USB drivers and install it in your computer, so that you can connect your smartphone with the PC successfully.
3) Make sure that your smartphone has at least 50-60% battery backup left in it before getting started with the rooting procedure. Also, uninstall or deactivate antivirus programs in your computer as they to interrupt the rooting procedure by popping up with warning messages.
4) Next, enable USB Debugging mode in your smartphone by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging (just tap on it, to enable this option). If you can’t see Developer options, then check out our guide to enable it.
Upon finishing with these prerequisites, you can move forward with the rooting procedure given below.
Tutorial To Root Lenovo A328 Android Device:
1) To get started, download iRoot rooting software and install it in your computer. Once installed, tap on the .exe file to launch its window.
2) Now, connect your smartphone with the computer using the original USB data cable. If you have installed the USB drivers properly, then the connection between the smartphone and the computer will be successful.
3) Next, go to the iRoot window, tick the “User Agreement” box and click on “Connect Device” to connect your device with the iRoot program.
4) Now, the iRoot software will show up device name and connected message. In the next screen, it will show a big green root button along with the message that your device doesn’t have root permissions.
5) Just click the Big green root button and wait for iRoot to finish up the process. Once it does, your device will get automatically rebooted and you will be able to see the “SuperSU” app. Now, you can disconnect your smartphone from the computer.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Lenovo A328 using the iRoot software. To confirm the root privileges of your device, use the Root Checker app from Google Play store. Also, if you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, do let me know via comments.