Lenovo Tab 2 A7-10 is a good quality Android tablet released in January, 2015. It comes with 7 inch IPS LCD touchscreen display which is powered by a 1.3 GHz Cortex A7 based quad-core processor with the support of 1 GB RAM. If you have purchased this device and looking for a way to root it, then you are in the right place. Here, I have given a tutorial to root Lenovo Tab 2 A7-10 and install Philz (Advanced ClockWorkMod) recovery in it.
By rooting your Lenovo tablet, you will be able to remove unwanted pre-installed system applications that are just occupying the internal storage space, or install custom ROM firmware that is running on latest Android version, etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Lenovo Tablet will void its warranty. Also, if you don’t follow the instructions given here properly, there is a chance that you might get your device bricked and if that happens don’t held Android Root Guides responsible. Proceed with CAUTION.
1) The rooting procedure that I have given here is not a data-loss process but still it won’t hurt to have a personal data backup. So take a complete backup of personal data in your tablet using appropriate apps.
2) Next, download Lenovo USB driver for your tablet and install it in your computer. Only by doing so, you will be able to connect your device with the PC successfully.
3) Ensure that you have enabled USB debugging mode. If you are not sure how to do it, follow our guide to enabling USB debugging.
4) Make sure that you deactivated antivirus applications in your computer as they have a habit of disrupting the rooting procedure. Also, make sure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it before getting started with the rooting procedure.
Upon finishing these prerequisites, you can go ahead and follow the tutorials given below to root and install CWM recovery in your Lenovo device.
Tutorial To Root Lenovo Tab 2 A7-10 Android Tablet:
1) To get started, download Kingo Root Rooting software and install it in your computer. Once done, click on the Kingo Root icon to launch up its window.
2) Next, connect your tablet with the computer using the original USB data cable. If you have installed the USB drivers properly, then the connection between the computer and the device will be successful.
3) Now in the Kingo Root window, you will see your device name listed with the message “Normal Mode.” Next, click on the “Root” button in this window to begin the rooting procedure.
4) Once the rooting process gets finished, you will get a “Root Succeeded” message in Kingo Root window. Now, disconnect your tablet from the computer and restart it.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Lenovo Tab 2 A7-10 Android tablet. To confirm whether you have successfully rooted your device, go to your Apps menu and look for “Kinguser” app. If it shows up there, then the rooting process is successful. Alternatively, you can use the root checker app to confirm the root privileges of your Lenovo tablet.
Now, let’s find out how to install Philz recovery in your tablet.
Tutorial To Install Philz (Advanced CWM) Recovery In Lenovo Tab 2 A7-10:
1) To get started, download Philz recovery for Lenovo Tab 2 A7-10 in your computer. Once done, connect your tablet to the computer and transfer this recovery file to your device’s internal memory. Once done, unplug your device from the computer.
2) Now, download “Rashr – Flash Tool” from Google Play store and install it in your device. Once installed, open up the app and do a “Recovery” backup.
3) Next, click on “RECOVERY” and follow the on-screen instructions to flash the Philz Advanced Clockwordmod (CWM) recovery in your device.
That’s it. Now you have successfully install Philz recovery in Lenovo Tab 2 Android tablet.
If you encounter any issues while following the rooting and CWM recovery installation tutorials, do let me know via comments.