Micromax A102 Canvas Doodle 3 is a decent quality Android smartphone that comes with a 6-inch capacitive touchscreen display powered by a 1.3 GHz processor along with 1 GB RAM and it runs on Android 4.2.2 Jellybean operating system. If you would like to get better performance out of this device, then you should root it. If you are not aware of the procedure, then check out the tutorial to root Micromax A102 Canvas Doodle 3 given here.
By rooting your Micromax smartphone, you will be able to install custom ROM firmware’s of your choice, remove unwanted pre-installed bloatware and do a lot other things. Also, rooting your device will let you install some paid games totally for free.
WARNING: Rooting your Micromax device will void its warranty and you won’t be able to get it back, unless you unroot your smartphone. So, think well before following the rooting procedure given here.
1) The rooting procedure that I have given here is not a data-loss process. So, there is no need to worry about taking backup of personal data in your smartphone.
2) Next, enable “Installation from Unknown Sources” in your Micromax smartphone by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Device Administration -> Unknown Sources (tap on it, to enable this option).
3) Make sure that your smartphone has a good battery back before proceeding with the rooting procedure. Also, make sure that you have uninstalled antivirus applications in your device as they tend to disrupt the installation of framaroot app, which is required for rooting your smartphone.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Micromax A102 Canvas Doodle 3:
1) To get started, download Framaroot apk to your smartphone. Once done, tap on the .apk file to install the application in your smartphone. While doing so, you might get some warning messages. Just ignore them and finish installing the app in your device.
2) Once installed, open up Framaroot app in your smartphone. Now, select “Install SuperSU” under “Select an action to execute after root“.
3) Now, click on “Barahir” under the list of exploits to begin the rooting procedure.
4) Once the rooting process is successfully finished, you will get the following message: Success. Superuser and SU binary installed. You have to reboot your device.
5) Now, finish the rooting procedure by rebooting your smartphone.
That’s it. You have successfully finished rooting Micromax A102 Canvas Doodle 3 smartphone. For confirmation, look for SuperSU app in your device. If you can see it, then your device is successfully rooted. Alternatively, you can use the root checker application (available in Google Play store) for confirming the root privileges of your smartphone.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, do let me know by dropping a comment below.